Flight home on disembarkation day??

I know the cruise line suggests to book your flight for after 12pm on the day of disembarkation. Would an 11:30am flight out of FLL be cutting it too close? Otherwise the next flght home would be 4pm. I was trying to avoid sitting around in the airport with two little kids.

Thanks

Mina

I know the cruise line suggests to book your flight for after 12pm on the day of disembarkation. Would an 11:30am flight out of FLL be cutting it too close? Otherwise the next flght home would be 4pm. I was trying to avoid sitting around in the airport with two little kids.

Thanks

Mina

11:30 is the earliest time recommended when flying out of Ft. Lauderdale.

You can use this link to verify What is the latest arrival time to reserve a flight before the cruise, or the earliest departure time to reserve a flight after the cruise in order to make port/airport connections on time?

thanks so much. what i find interesting is that they do not list PBI as one of the airports. that is another option for us to fly out of..they also offer an 11:39am flight home (that may be pushing it) which arrives into Newark (which is closer to our home) vs. the FLL flight that arrives into LaGuardia (which is a bit further and alot more tolls).

We have taken 11:20-something flights out of FLL after our cruises on Oasis & Allure with no problem. We used the cruise line transfer the first time, and it was fine, but it was much simpler to catch a cab. We had plenty of time in the airport.

The only problem we had was with online checkin. It would not accept a flight departure time of 11:23 (or whatever is was) so I just entered 11:30 and it was fine.

I can't speak to the disembarkation of the Oasis/Allure, but off the Liberty (a zoo) we had a 2pm flight out of PBI and made it no problem. Just remember it's an hour or so drive to PBI from the cruise port depending on traffic. Make sure you have your transfer booked and you should be fine. With that in mind I would book the later flight as I hate rushing around at the end of vacation to catch a flight. MHO

Archived