Check In Times / San Juan / Summit

bryanjaync

Started my online check in for upcoming Summit cruise from San Juan. Ship sails at 8:30 pm. Says check in time for the sailing is 3 pm - 7 pm. Isn't 3 pm kind of late.

We always ignore the cruise lines suggested check in times no matter where we're sailing from or the cruise line we're sailing with. It is my opinion the cruise lines send out recommended check in times for crowd control. We like to get on the ship as early as we can. We are always at the terminal NLT 10:30 and on the ship before 11:45. Be advised your experience may vary from ours.

We checked in around noon for that 8pm sailing. That allowed us to drop our luggage, get our sea pass cards and then grab a cab into Old San Juan for the rest of the afternoon. We then came back around 6pm and re-boarded for dinner and the muster drill.

Started my online check in for upcoming Summit cruise from San Juan. Ship sails at 8:30 pm. Says check in time for the sailing is 3 pm - 7 pm. Isn't 3 pm kind of late.

We plan on a late-late lunch. But we wonder what this will do to the safety drill, pre-dinner martini & late dinner schedule. (Well, we welcome the new and different. This is the 1st time in 15 cruises that we depart so late.)

Halloween will be a blast for my group this trip! ️[emoji86]

For the last two years I got on the Summit at 10:30am in San Juan as I flew in really early. Was on the pool deck at 11am with a drink and eating a burger off the grill there. Room was ready at 1PM so I found a lounge chair against the outer wall and had bathing suit on under my clothes so had a lovely two hours in the pool before unpacking.Then grab a cab into old San Juan for at least 4 hours, head to the fort, pick up stuff at CVS in town if necessary and head back about 6PM for muster drill and dinner!

We plan on a late-late lunch. But we wonder what this will do to the safety drill, pre-dinner martini & late dinner schedule. (Well, we welcome the new and different. This is the 1st time in 15 cruises that we depart so late.)

Halloween will be a blast for my group this trip! ️[emoji86]

We will be on the same cruise - we are looking forward to Halloween as well! We were on board last cruise out of San Juan before noon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums