Amerisuites Fort Lauderdale review

sevigny

We recently returned from a repositioning cruise that began in Fort Lauderdale and ended in Vancouver. Because we were spending several days in Vancouver afterwards and only one night in Ft Lauderdale, I decided to put most of our hotel money into Vancouver. I had read several reviews of the Amersuites, and knew I could get it for a reasonable price. We had previously stayed at the Embassy suites, which I feel has gotten outrageously expensive for what you receive, and at the Hyatt Pier 66 via priceline. So, I booked us at the Amerisuites. The shuttle from the airport was very prompt, the location was good [right across from the new Publix and the Outback], and the shuttle to the pier on a Tuesday was very easy. We did not have to wait at all. On the other hand, the room...I said to my husband that we had gotten what we paid for - a room. It was dark, even with all of the lights on, and the only partition between the bed and the sofa was a chest high wall. It's the first time I actually thought about bugs, etc, being in the room. Would I stay there again? Doubtful. However, for one night, again - well, maybe. I would really prefer the Embassy Suites, but I could have a Grand Suite in the Sutton Place in Vancouver, for what I would have paid for one night at the Embassy. Just my opinion.

Just curious, as we will be staying here in June, was it dingy because of the lighting? Or was it dingy because it was dirty? Did you see bugs? How was the bathroom & linens?

This trip is just me and the kids, but I also have a stay planned here in July with my parents and siblings :eek:

Thanks

A

A friend and I had reservations pre cruise at this hotel a couple of years ago. Doesn't sound like it got better. We arrived separately and while I was at the desk my friend came down dragging her suitcase saying not that room. We had specifically booked for two beds and they gave them away! They kept saying the sofa makes into a bed but both of us have had back surgery and do not sleep in sofa beds. To boot the room was bare and the towels threadbare. I am assuming it was clean but difficult to tell in the dark!

They did find us another room at the Holiday Express and paid for a taxi to get us there. All in all, not a pleasant exprience at 10pm. Yes, we had already paid to have the room held for us.

The room decor at Amerisuites is dark woods and fabrics, thus a darker room atmosphere, especially when the heavy drapes are closed. We just stayed in Tampa and the decor is the same as FLL. For one night through Valuetrips@ $72, it was fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed at the Amersuites for a one night pre-cruise stay last week. It was adequate for the price on Priceline ($50. + taxes) It was clean, with a nice breakfast spread. Lucky for me I had read the Publix was nearby, otherwise I may not have found the place! Drove through the Publix parking lot and out the back, and low & behold, there was the Amerisuites!

Decor was dark as stated above. Didn't have a chance to check out the pool.

Would stay again for an overnighter, wouldn't make a vacation of it though!

A~:)

Stayed at the Amersuites for a one night pre-cruise stay last week. It was adequate for the price on Priceline ($50. + taxes) It was clean, with a nice breakfast spread. Lucky for me I had read the Publix was nearby, otherwise I may not have found the place! Drove through the Publix parking lot and out the back, and low & behold, there was the Amerisuites!

Decor was dark as stated above. Didn't have a chance to check out the pool.

Would stay again for an overnighter, wouldn't make a vacation of it though!

A~:)

Thanks for the report..sounds like a perfect pre-cruise hotel for the money.

I stayed there in February shortly after they refurbished the rooms on the first floor with new carpets and linens. I thought it was fine for the price. It was a pretty popular place for those going on a cruise as we saw a sea of people the 2 days we stay there. Can't say much about the shuttle as we decided a cab was easier than waiting and it was only $8. Breakfast bar had a nice variety of items and they did a good job replenishing it considering the hotel was booked full. I'd stay there again.

• 2 weeks later...

I am shocked to read that anyone in their right mind would write such a negative review of such (in my opinion) near perfect hotel. The hotel is clean, and coming from an extremelly germaphobic family, you can take our word for it. The breakfest was amazing, restaurants were close, and we had a beautiful veiw of the port from the window in the hall, as well as a view of Ft. Lauderdale. The day spent before our cruise was everything I could as for, and more. A CLEAN bathroom to shower in, a delicious breakfest in the morning, and a safe and reliable place to leave our car. I understand that everyone has their own opinion, and I respect individual experiences, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take my word for it, my family had a wonderful, clean time at the Amerisuits, and I am very happy to have stayed there. That said, I hope anyone looking for a hotel will take my experience as a great one! Lets not be picky people!

I am shocked to read that anyone in their right mind would write such a negative review of such (in my opinion) near perfect hotel. ........Lets not be picky people!

What's great about this site is everyone has an opportunity to voice their own opinions. What bothers one person is a non-issue with the next. If a person disagrees with a review, a rebuttal as to their experience is certainly in order. Chastising someone for writing "their opinion" serves no purpose and will hinder others from writing less then stellar reviews about a hotel.

I say, to all the posters...tell it like it is. Give us your opinion, positive or negative, don't worry about being "too picky" chances are we would feel the same way. ;)

ps...regarding Amerisuites, its a conveniantly located 2* hotel that due to the volume of cruisers staying there tends to get a little worn out. Fortunately they refurbish the rooms regularly. Its fine for one night pre or post cruise but take a pass on it for any extended stays.

What's great about this site is everyone has an opportunity to voice their own opinions. What bothers one person is a non-issue with the next. If a person disagrees with a review, a rebuttal as to their experience is certainly in order. Chastising someone for writing "their opinion" serves no purpose and will hinder others from writing less then stellar reviews about a hotel.

I say, to all the posters...tell it like it is. Give us your opinion, positive or negative, don't worry about being "too picky" chances are we would feel the same way. ;)

ps...regarding Amerisuites, its a conveniantly located 2* hotel that due to the volume of cruisers staying there tends to get a little worn out. Fortunately they refurbish the rooms regularly. Its fine for one night pre or post cruise but take a pass on it for any extended stays.

You have a great way with words and a kind way of letting people know that this site is for information about a hotel whether you agree with that person or not. For those of us who have hever stayed in Ft. Lauderdale we rely on other people to tell us of their stay. We can take the review with a grain of salt or put stock in it and not stay at a hotel that has been given poor reviews. Or better yet, stay at a hotel that was given great reviews... Thanks Bequia for your input on many subjects. :D

Hi:) I have stayed at Amerisuites twice and in my opinion it was just fine.

I have also stayed at Mariott Marina and the Hyatt.

All 3 places were fine.

Yep, that is wonderful thing about this site. You can get various stories from

various cruisers.

I would stay at Amerisuites again without a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Embassy Suites. Everyone i have ever stayed in nationwide has been very good to excellent. The ft. lauderdale one on 17th is fair to good. Amerisuites is nextdoor and back about 150 yards. Rooms are clean and well lit. if you go to Publix (a five min. walk) you can use the frig. and microwave. bathroom area a little bleak, room open as opposed to embassy suites and only one TV. A mexican rest., Outback, and Chucks Steak house right there. Remember, your vacation is the cruise! Embassy Suites 219 a nite and Amerisuites 75-90. I have stayed there 4 times and as recently as June.

We stayed with 2 adults and 3 kids in one room. It was nice to avoid renting 2 rooms. The kids loved the breakfast bar! The pool was very nice. The exercise room was inadequate with cheap machines. The room was good enough for us. Not elegant, but clean. We appreciated the availability of finding shops so close for last minute shopping. There was a shuttle from airport and to cruise port. We have a room reserved for Oct 7th pre-cruise again.

TrentS:

I've always booked directly with the hotel, but the rate on valuetrips.com s so good, i'm anxious to try this way (we're looking at Amerisuites FLL)...my question is: they ask "how many adults" when booking...well, there are 2 adults and then we have 2 kids also. Do I just book 2 adults (and ask for 2 double beds)? Do all the suites at Amerisuites have pull out sofas??

Archived