How early can you fly out of FTL?

Is it possible to make a 7:45am flight out of Ft Lauderdale after debarkation. We are on the Oasis next month and not looking forward to a 5-6 drive after a restful 7 days....

I wouldn't risk it. If the ship arrives late into port, or there is a problem with disembarkation.... you will need to book another flight.

Is it possible to make a 7:45am flight out of Ft Lauderdale after debarkation. We are on the Oasis next month and not looking forward to a 5-6 drive after a restful 7 days....

Too risky IMO. Even if you get off first, you still have to go through customs, get to the airport and get through security.

This question has been asked, and answered literally hundreds of times. Maybe it's time to create a sticky or FAQ, at least for the common ports?

BTW If anyone else needs the answer, please put this into google:

How early can you fly out of FLL? site:cruisecritic.com

This question has been asked, and answered literally hundreds of times. Maybe it's time to create a sticky or FAQ, at least for the common ports?

BTW If anyone else needs the answer, please put this into google:

How early can you fly out of FLL? site:cruisecritic.com

Hundreds of questions have been asked hundreds of times here on the boards. People who get tired of answering can simply ignore the thread.

Agree with the others..745a is way too early. We leave Saturday and have an 1130a flight on return..I am sweating that one. We got a notification from RCI yesterday that because of the budget cuts, Customs and immigration has been very slow and ship hasn't been clearing til 1230..... So hopefully we will make ours....:confused:

Good luck...

Agree with the others..745a is way too early. We leave Saturday and have an 1130a flight on return..I am sweating that one. We got a notification from RCI yesterday that because of the budget cuts, Customs and immigration has been very slow and ship hasn't been clearing til 1230..... So hopefully we will make ours....:confused:

Good luck...

I have not read much on these boards that would support that.

When new members arrive, same questions get asked, so hard to avoid, but I like Cigar Kings post regarding puting this into a question & answer, yet some may not refer back to them. Because of everything that can delay your getting off, I don't book return flights earlier then 1 PM for our flights back to Calif. Our LOS TA Oct 2011, that would have been to early, many never got off the ship until after 11.

When new members arrive, same questions get asked, so hard to avoid, but I like Cigar Kings post regarding puting this into a question & answer, yet some may not refer back to them. Because of everything that can delay your getting off, I don't book return flights earlier then 1 PM for our flights back to Calif. Our LOS TA Oct 2011, that would have been to early, many never got off the ship until after 11.

As a regular over on the Cruise Air portion, I can definitely tell you that, at least with flight related posts, people never, ever read the stickies/Q&A. Never. Unfortunately.

Just to clarify, family has been in the airline industry for 40 plus years and know the airport code for Ft Lauderdale is FLL, however not everyone knows these codes i.e. MCO is Orlando, figured FTL would be more recognizable on these boards...Those that have responded I thank you; was looking for a flight and thought CC would be the quickest way to get a debarkation question anwered

Last Saturday - Oasis - Express Walk-Off and at gate by 0720.. ..would NOT risk a flight before 0900 ONLY FOR OASIS & ALLURE (we've done this numerous times for both ships). All other ships I would not consider before 1130.

Just based on experience we have comfortably made a 9:50 AM with breakfast on the ship and normal baggage pick up, and based on that probably could have made a 9:30 AM without any problems as long as there were no issues on disembarkation. But as others have said, no way I would even attempt a 7:45 AM.

Last Saturday - Oasis - Express Walk-Off and at gate by 0720.. ..would NOT risk a flight before 0900 ONLY FOR OASIS & ALLURE (we've done this numerous times for both ships). All other ships I would not consider before 1130.

I've made 10 AM flights from both Navigator and Independence with no trouble at all.

Good luck...

When we boarded on June 8, the suites boarded at Noon. Assume the B2B were shortly before that, I'd guess the ship was cleared by 11:30, 11:45 at the latest.

When we dembarked on June 15, I heard two customs agents talking at 10:20AM saying they were 500 people "ahead" and to get the rest of the people off. They were saying everyone should be off by 10:45. So I don't know where the 12:30 came from.

Hey Tweety63-

Don't put yourself through that hassel & stress...it almost defeats the purpose of your vacation. Look into a later flight that will allow you to take your time with debarking the ship, going through customs, travel to the airport, etc. What's the hurry?!? Remember, you're STILL on vacation until you actually get to your front door! ;)

Archived