Allure for family of 5 - room option advice please?

Hi

We've only ever sailed on freedom class and always stayed in a family ocean view stateroom that sleeps our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 teenagers).

Can anyone advise on the most cost effective option on the Allure. I understand they don't have similar rooms on board so would it be 2 x interior cabins upwards price wise or is there a family option I'm not aware if that isn't a suite at mega bucks?!

Thanks in advance.

We are sailing the Allure in July and are traveling with 5. Here is a description of the room we booked per Royal.

Family Oceanview with Balcony

Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long. Sofa converts to double, two Pullman beds, private bathroom and sitting area. Stateroom can accommodate up to 6 guests.

(290 sq. ft., balcony 81 sq. ft.)

We have room 7330 booked. We were told this room is slightly bigger than the other Family Oceanview with Balcony room types. This is due to its location at the back of the ship and the way the room sets. There are two of these on the Allure.

We booked as soon as booking became available because these room types book quickly. Also, you are not able to book these rooms online. We went through a TA that was a friend of ours.

Hope this helps. :)

I understand they don't have similar rooms on board so would it be 2 x interior cabins upwards price wise or is there a family option I'm not aware if that isn't a suite at mega bucks?!

Oasis class ships (Allure) offer several family staterooms similar to, and in addition to, that on Freedom class - Family Balcony, Family Ocean View, and Family Interior - all which will handle your family of 5 without going to a suite or multiple rooms.

Contact your TA or RCI directly for availability.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Why dont you check out a Crown Loft suite. We had three in ours with tons of room,

Two large complete bathrooms, and all the space.

I do not know about 5, but maybe one person could be on a roll-away.

Sea Ya

On the Oasis and Allure, there are some regular balcony rooms that can fit 5, but it would be very cramped especially with 3 teens. The family oceanview with balcony is similar to size as a jr suite, but is has a regular bathroom with shower stall. You may want to consider the two connecting rooms to get the extra bathroom.

If you ever see a kids sail free promo happening, get on that right away. We are sailing on the 2 Nov Allure sailing and saved $2800 on a family oceanview with balcony - called last week to get an assigned dining time and also checked to see a price drop. They quoted $7,000 for the same room!

In the initial planning and subsequent price checking, I noted that for six people, it was cheaper to get three cabins than two, due to the cost of the 3rd or 4th being more than the first two. In addition, my TA usually includes free gratuities but only for the first two in the cabin.

Also keep in mind you can make adjacent balcony cabins "connecting" by asking for the partition between the balconies to be removed. An as for cost, at this point my balcony category is only a net $25 more than insides once the OBC is factored in.

And of course you can get extra keys to allow you into the kids' room.

In the initial planning and subsequent price checking, I noted that for six people, it was cheaper to get three cabins than two, due to the cost of the 3rd or 4th being more than the first two.

Certainly can't challenge what you found in your particular search, but that can vary greatly between ships, itineraries, and dates, and in our experience usually the extra passengers are less. But there seem to be times - maybe supply and demand based - where the pricing is odd for the extra passengers.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Price out online two connecting cabins, and then call them up to get the price on one family room for all of you.

I was surprised to find out that two interior connecting rooms came out less than one family interior when trying to help my brother and his family of five look at Oasis cruises.

Those family rooms started out higher for the initial two guests, so it was more cost effective to book two rooms.

It will all depend on the price for the specific cruise you're going on, so we can't tell you exactly which is better.

Some cruises the family rooms might cost less, and some cruises connecting rooms might.

The two rooms will give you two bathrooms and more overall space. With your kids being teenagers, it may be nice to have the two rooms.

Here are your options (Basically, there are lots of room types on this class of ship).

Inside:

All in a family Inside (See examples Deck 11 Forward)

All in an family Oceanview (See examples Deck 11 Forward)

All in a family Balcony (some on Deck 7 aft and Deck 11 Forward)

All in a suite of some kind.

2 in one and 3 in the other of a variety of 2 connecting staterooms all over the ship (my personal suggestion if the price is right.)

When my two teens cruised with us, we never would consider anything but two cabins. Having 3 teens plus 2 adults you would really be in great need of two bathrooms. I always have gotten connecting rooms, or a balcony and had the kids room interior right across my room, it worked out perfectly having two bathrooms then on top of it you have your privacy and quiet time in your room.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the Central Park view staterooms with balcony (C1) can accommodate 5 people? The ones with a diamond symbol say they have a sofa bed and Pullman. So theoretically you have two twins, two in the sofa bed, and one in the Pullman? We are looking at rooms 12187 and 12191. On one website redtag.ca they are selling these units as fitting 5, but I don't see the same on other sites. Thanks guys!

We were on the Allure last August with my family of 5. My kids were 11, 13 and 15. We had one large bed, the pullout sofa and the Pullman from the ceiling. It worked out perfectly for us. The only time the cabin felt crowded was when we were all trying to get in the shower after an excursion or first thing in the morning when all the beds were out. Once it was put back together, all was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums