Seabourn's pricing, having booked, not so happy!

Mrs Excited

Good morning everyone

I booked our cruise with a good TA almost a year in advance, got my Silver Club discount, got my discount from having left a pre cruise deposit, got a discount from TA. I was happy. Then I see an advertised price meaning a £1,100 discount per person (on Seabourn'swebsite) I spoke to the TA and I was not able to have this price, as it was on a guarantee basis, and I was told this was not available to me, however I was offered a substantial discount. I was happy. We are due to embark in 10 days time, I have now seen , again on SeAbourn's website a further discount, of 1,000 per person. I asked if this could be applied, or if I could have an upgrade, and was told by TA, no, this was only a guarantee price. When I was previously told the GT was not available. The difference is substantial, I feel as if I have been "done"!:mad:

Hi

Don't know if you are booking in the US or UK ..... We had a similar issue on a previous cruise & Seabourn UK were less than helpful but Seabourn in Seattle got it sorted very quickly!

Don't trust your TA to do their best for you ..... Go straight to Seattle!!!!

Ailmarsh

I am sorry you are feeling unhappy, and understand your need to vent.

I have quite often found that guarantee cabins are sold much closer to sailing time when they are trying to get a full ship and not available early on. Those cabins left are not always in the most desirable locations.

So this is just like a normal Sale you find in retail to sell of the last few items in stock. It is always frustrating when you find something you have paid full price for on Sale but it has happened to me in the past as well for many things.

I am glad you got a substantial discount from your original price when they had the earlier sale.

:D:D:D:)That is so kind, but a little result, just called before I had seen last post.HQ sent email to the UK. They in turn just telephoned :)with an offer of a V6 no 722 as opposed to V1 517. So I am now happy, not on the right side of the ship, but you can not always have it all!!!! A BIG THANK YOU,,:)

:D:D:D:)That is so kind, but a little result, just called before I had seen last post.HQ sent email to the UK. They in turn just telephoned :)with an offer of a V6 no 722 as opposed to V1 517. So I am now happy, not on the right side of the ship, but you can not always have it all!!!! A BIG THANK YOU,,:)

Mrs Excited

You're welcome! I sure you'll be happy in 722. We were 719 on our last cruise and I found it a great location! Very convenient for the forward elevators and also a short walk up to the pool area on 8 [emoji41]

Happy travels!

Ailmarsh