Imagination Trip Thoughts

Markmom18

Hi,

Just a few thoughts as I write his on my iPad in my inside cabin. I signed up this afternoon for the Internet Service..middle price option $35...for my 4 day cruise. Sunday - Thursday. Quite happy with the service, and the price.

MTD service nice, but slower. Everything so far in our meals has been just slightly,a teeny bit warm. Nothing close to correct temp sceptic the Chocolate Melting Cake last night. Tonight's scallop appetizer was quite flavorful, but barely lukewarm. My dessert tonight, vanilla crime bruelee. YIKES! I didn't even bother to try a bite. The top had a liquid floating on top, with a coagulated mess underneath it. Gross! Tonight was the Show Night in the dining room. I'm assuming that's why the food came out so bad. It must have sat there in the kitchen. My "Sea Bass"...dry and I don't know what kind of fish it was..I did not eat that either. Normally I would have just ordered another item, but service was too slow. Our dirty dishes sat on the table between courses. Things happen, I get it. Last nights meal was delicious, but again more room temp. Than oven warm.

I'm having a lot of fun though on the ship. They are always cleaning something. Our room is terrific. Everybody of course is so nice, never a complaint or worry with Carnival's people!

Anyway, it's late but thought I'd drop a note here on the board. Today was Catalina, tomorrow Ensenada. No excursions in either Port.

Night,

:). Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18

Hi,

Before my cruise I asked about an Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest. There was no contest. However, we did wear our Xmas sweaters in the Atrium Lobby and got our pictures taken with The Grinch. That was the last evening of our 4 day cruise. About 6:00pm. :)

I will say the steak & lobster tail for an additional $20 was delicious AND served the correct "hot" temp!

Hey, just wanted to write that I asked for a fan on the 2nd night and our room guy brought one. Yippie! My Mom & friend thought the cabin "cold", while I roasted in my skin..:). The fan solved the problem...and I slept soundly.

We just came off a 4 day on the inspiration...same problem with food.

Food at the Lido was horrible and the temp was definitely off. I think they should check that as someone is going to get ill. The food at the Wok was good and that is why the line is so long. Dessert in the Lido was also very bad.

After first night in Lido we went to dining room and stood in line for 30-40 mins to get in. Food was a little better, service was terrible. Could not cut the

the veal parm, don't think it was really veal. Best food was in the dining room but I think they need to check the temps, especially in the Lido. Someone is going to get very ill. It seems like Carnival has cut back on staff. The dishes in the Lido piled up and no one removed them, no lettuce at the salad bar

and desserts were terrible. One bar tender at the atrium bar and she was so busy, I don't know how she did it. No more carnival for me until I read that they have improved their customer service.

Hi,

Reading the last post here. On the last day we went to the Sunday Brunch at 11:00am, per our wonderful waiter in MDR Ace. He thought he'd be less busy at that time.

At the Hostess Desk they told us Ace is a very popular waiter and no tables were open. So, we sat down right near the entrance. For most of the Brunch we sat around tables that had not been bussed. The one table right in front of us had the leftover French toast with Cheerios ??, French fries in a cup and every single used glass, coffee cups, plates and used napkins. When we finished our meal that disgusting table remained untouched.

Our waiter served me my plain French toast and walked away. Of course, I waited till my Mom & friend were served their meals. He brought out a tray with 6 covered plates. Our table was served. That left 4 remaining covered dishes. Halfway through our meal our waiter came back to the tray and took the 4 dishes to a table to the right of ours! OH MAN!

Do I need to even tell you our opinion of this "service".

Wow... thank you for all your comments. We'll be on the Imagination on January 17th and some of what you've shared makes me, umm... nervous!

Can you share any dining choices that you liked or places where you experienced better service? I know my 8 yr old will be satisfied with pizza for the entire trip, but I prefer more sophisticated dining. :D Gracias!

The food is so-so on both the Imagination and the Inspiration and there is always something to eat. My DD and I choose what we liked before and sometimes I stick to rice, potatoes, and vegetables. The tea (Lipton not brewed) was fun for us and the desserts were good. Food is subjective and we never went hungry:)

Wow... thank you for all your comments. We'll be on the Imagination on January 17th and some of what you've shared makes me, umm... nervous!

Can you share any dining choices that you liked or places where you experienced better service? I know my 8 yr old will be satisfied with pizza for the entire trip, but I prefer more sophisticated dining. :D Gracias!

We will be on the same cruise with you. We were on this same cruise in August of last year, I really hope service hasn't gone down that much in the past year. I have found that MDR food and service is usually better than elsewhere on the ship.

Scallop appetizer on the CE night menu was very good in the Inspiration a few weeks ago.

I agree I thought the scallop appetizer was quite good.

I'd stay away from the Flat Iron steak, no way on the dried up pork chop either. I've tried the pork chop on the Glory in August 2014 and damn if it wasn't a dried up piece like the smaller ships serve. No more chances.

We have always had a wonderful time on our cruises, be it RCCL Or Carnival. The food is not why I cruise, although I was very tired of what I call "room temp" entrees coming from the Kitchen.

Have a great time to all who are cruising next month!! I know I'll be back on the Imagination or Inspiration .... They are so close to home and very affordable!

Bobbi