Transfer to New Orleans airport

IAFF1605

We cruising 2/8/15 out of New Orleans. TA gave us a quote of $23 a person from the port back to the airport for when we debark. Is this a good choice or is it easier/cheaper to just do a taxi?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruising 2/8/15 out of New Orleans. TA gave us a quote of $23 a person from the port back to the airport for when we debark. Is this a good choice or is it easier/cheaper to just do a taxi?

I believe the taxi cost is a flat rate of something like $33 for two people from the airport to the cruise port. So for any more than one person, the taxi would be less expensive.

Just grab a cab. Cheaper. The last time I was there, it was $33 for 2 to the airport. There will be plenty of them available as you exit the cruise terminal.

Are there shuttle vans waiting at the port terminal, or only taxis?

I know it is possible to make a reservation for a shared van, but it would be just as easy if there were already shuttles there at the terminal.

• 2 weeks later...

As others have said it looks like the taxi is less expensive and easy to get. Another thing to keep in mind the uptown parades start at 11:00 AM so traffic will be picking up early in the morning downtown. Shared rides can have some long wait times on occasion. We are getting off the Dawn next door at the same time and plan on getting a taxi as soon as we can. You probably will get to MSY with plenty of time to spare either way but that Sunday I wouldn't do anything that could slow me down. What time is your flight?

• 2 weeks later...

An airport shuttle is available as soon as you get your luggage that goes directly to the airport from the Port of New Orleans. The cost is $14 per person. As you retrieve your luggage, the shuttle bus is on your left, and a much shorter walk than going further down and getting into the taxi line. Very easy. No need to book in advance. When the bus is filled up, which took only 10 minutes, they proceed directly to the port. We used this service a week ago to go to the airport and it worked wonderfully and was very fast. Info on the receipt said: Airport Shuttle, New Orleans, 4220 Howard Ave, New Orleans, 504 522 3500.

• 5 weeks later...

We used B&J transportation he found us waiting for a taxi with a group of 6. Nice clean new fullsize van $15 per person right to the ship. We also used them upon return to New Orleans for transport in and around New Orleans and back to the airport for our return. Always on time polite clean and a fair price.

James40@att.net

504-453-4592