Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Asia

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old June 27th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Will I need a visa?

Here's the itiniery:
Leaving from Hong Kong, then Okinawa Japan, Taipaei China, Kaoshiung China, then returning to Hong Kong.
My understanding is that none of these ports require visa. Is that correct?
Also, any info or advice on any of the ports are appreciated.

Old June 28th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee View Post
Here's the itiniery:
Leaving from Hong Kong, then Okinawa Japan, Taipaei China, Kaoshiung China, then returning to Hong Kong.
My understanding is that none of these ports require visa. Is that correct?
Also, any info or advice on any of the ports are appreciated.
wlee, I take it that you base the trip on having a visa for China, I'm not sure about Japan but I do Know that you will need a re-entry visa for returning to Hong Kong after visiting Japan. I am doing a Shanghai, s Korea, Japan back to Shanghai trip next year but I haven't checked out the visa requirements. Lots of CC's have been to China ,run a search on visa requirements on the boards there is a wealth of info for you.

Old June 28th, 2007, 12:50 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseKidz View Post
wlee, I take it that you base the trip on having a visa for China, I'm not sure about Japan but I do Know that you will need a re-entry visa for returning to Hong Kong after visiting Japan. I am doing a Shanghai, s Korea, Japan back to Shanghai trip next year but I haven't checked out the visa requirements. Lots of CC's have been to China ,run a search on visa requirements on the boards there is a wealth of info for you.
IF the OP is a US citizen, no visa's are required for the itinerary. The trip goes to the REPUBLIC of China (Taiwan), if I read it correctly. Japan requires no visas for US citizens. HKG doesn't require a visa.

If the OP is not a US citizen with a US passport, they will have to check their country's embassy.

Old June 28th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Yes, I am a US Citizen. From what I can gather, I don't need any visas. The ports are Hong Kong, Japan and 2 ports on Taiwan. Sounds too good to be true, that I can avoid the hassles of getting a visa. After reseraching other itinieries, I think I'm going to book this one, I can avoid the whole issue of getting a visa!

Old July 1st, 2007, 12:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee View Post
Yes, I am a US Citizen. From what I can gather, I don't need any visas. The ports are Hong Kong, Japan and 2 ports on Taiwan. Sounds too good to be true, that I can avoid the hassles of getting a visa. After reseraching other itinieries, I think I'm going to book this one, I can avoid the whole issue of getting a visa!
If you are a U.S. citizen, for all those places that you have mentioned, you either receive a visa upon arrival, or the visa requirement is waived. You need not secure a visa in advance for your trip.