Map of Labadee

kellya1

• 4 weeks later...

The Island is exclusive for the Royal Carrib but its actually part of Haiti -though peaceful in comparison to the rest of the country. It's about 2 miles long at the most and easy to walk because its mostly flat.

We spent the day there- it was ok. Dont waste your money snorkeling because there was almost no coral there- your money would be better spent on a snorkeling excursion in Mexico, its one of the top 10 in the World :o)

If you've ever been to Royal's Coco Cay, Labardee was a bigger disappointment - we were hoping that it was as pretty and comfortable as Royal's Coco Cay but it wasn't as crystal clear and the beaches were like the beaches in New England- sand was yellowish and swimming was rough and we saw several baracudas very close to shore. Swimmers beware!

On a more positive note, the food was fairly good and you can get quite a deal at the village but make sure you bring little money with you otherwise the village sellers will get you to spend it - some of the greatest sales people in the World :o)

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed Labadee when I visited from the Explorer of the Seas. We took the wave running tour, which wasn't great because they make you take a class first and then go in a line (you can't do your own thing). Otherwise, we LOVED the beach break. Royal Caribbean put on a pretty good lunch and we had a fantastic time lying on the beach chairs in the partial shade and then "floating" in the Ocean.

This was actually one our favorite ports we have visited just because it was so relaxing. We didn't visit any of the the local handicraft areas or the town -the beach break was enough for us.

• 3 years later...
Hi,

Does anybody have the RCCL map of Labadee they could post/direct me to a site?

Thanks

Kelly :)

Here is one:

330Labadeemap.jpg

But you will notice that it has not been updated for the pier construction...

Hideaway Beach is no longer available. Here is a pic from the ship of the new visitors' center being built where the pier will be:

34NewLabadeeWelcomeCenterConstructi.jpg

When we went off the Liberty in December, we had plenty of space on Dragon Tail Beach, but my sister was on Barefoot and ran into the same thing the OP did...they got there early but were soon inundated by the crowds. We still had a wonderful day at Labadee!

Archived