catching the ferry - to St. John

Kristi1229

Does anyone know the ferry schedule from St. Thomas to St. John. We are cruising on Carnival in June and want to go to St. John to go to Trunk Bay. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

thanks so much for your help!

one more question -

where do the cruise ships dock? I will be on the Carnival Destiny. Will I need to take a cab to Red Hook, and if so how much does it cost?

Yes, you will have to take a cab to Red Hook. Red Hook is about a 15 minute drive from the cruise pier. The cab is $10 pp. There is a local bus, but it really doesn't have a schedule (as far as I have heard). We took the cab TO Red Hook and got the bus ($2) coming back. You can find it right next to the road in Red Hook. It looks the same as the taxis, so you have to ask the price. It drops you a couple of blocks away from the ship.

So if they have a ferry running from Charolette Ameila then why go to Red Hook?
The ferry runs more often (every hour vs. every 2 hours) and is cheaper. (I know, you do have to pay for the taxi.) It is also a shorter ferry ride. http://www.*****/general_usvi/interisland_ferry/#St.%20John%20Passenger%20Ferry:%20%20Red%20Hook%20to%20Cruz%20Bay

Archived