New Elite - Laundry Question

lovey1103

Hubs and I will be on a 16 day adventure and are trying to limit luggage to one case and one carry-on.

With that said, when sending dress shirts to the laundry, will they come back on hangers and pressed as well?

Also, any dry cleaning benefit for Elites?

Thanks in advance.

Hubs and I will be on a 16 day adventure and are trying to limit luggage to one case and one carry-on.

With that said, when sending dress shirts to the laundry, will they come back on hangers and pressed as well?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, Elites get dry cleaning/laundry service complimentary.

Really..... Most new elites know the benefits.

Edited by arizonaperson

Actually if you put dress shirts on the "laundry" side of the form they get washed and you can specify how much starch you want. They do come back on hangers. Just make sure you write "Elite" on the form and select next day service. Same day is NOT free. You will be charged for the laundry, but the charge is rebated about a day later.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, they do come back in hangers. Just be careful in sending those delicate fabrics.

Thanks in advance.

We have been doing the 1 suit case and 1 carry on for probably 20 years even before we were Elite and even on 30 day cruise/tours. Now to get to the laundry issue, if there are lots of Elites on board you may receive a notice that it can take up to 3 days to return your laundry. To determine if your laundry is finished watch your on board account. A laundry charge is posted to the account when the service is complete. At that time it is ready for the cabin steward to pick it up. If the steward doesn't deliver it, remind him/her. The same day or next day an offsetting laundry credit is posted to your account.

Yes, they do come back in hangers. Just be careful in sending those delicate fabrics.

Be careful with just about any expensive items. Delicate or not.

Take photo's of items before sending them in so you have proof of any damage.

We've had numerous things shrunk over the years with "laundry" but the "cleaning" had always been somewhat OK for myself but my wife recently told me they shrunk her jeans.

I do not send any delicate items to the laundry. On my upcoming cruise, I went over my packed suitcase and removed any items that I wouldn't send out to be cleaned. As elite, I was still using the self serve laundry machines. Makes no sense!!

Yes, Elites get dry cleaning/laundry service complimentary.

Really..... Most new elites know the benefits.

WOW what a snarky answer to an innocent question. I believe that the OP was more interested in whether shirts will be pressed and returned on hangers.

From all the answers so far from 'old' elites, I am sensing that even these seasoned travelers are giving conflicting answers.

Have a pleasant day. ....Really.

Laundry is not washed in water... hot or cold. It's washed in a chemical similar to dry cleaning.

I thought Laundry was washed in water and Cleaning wasn't?

As elite, I was still using the self serve laundry machines.

Us too. We buy new undies during the year, and leave them home, choosing instead to take the older ones. At the end of several months of Princess laundry, they are trashed and thrown away.

We send out anything that we would take to the cleaners at home and have be quite pleased with the results. :)

You've been very lucky!!

To determine if your laundry is finished watch your on board account. A laundry charge is posted to the account when the service is complete. At that time it is ready for the cabin steward to pick it up. If the steward doesn't deliver it, remind him/her. The same day or next day an offsetting laundry credit is posted to your account.

Interesting. I'm going to try that...

We have had great luck with the laundry staying in a Vista Suite. Attendants are good about collecting our items before 9AM so they come back the same day.

There have been missing items at times or we get someone else's stuff but the cabin stewards sort it out for you.

I'd also say some of the stuff comes back cleaner than what we are used to at home. Whites/colors are more brilliant and stains that have been in something forever are gone without pointing them out.

Laundry and MDR room service are two big reasons to stay in a full suite.

I'll pass on a suggestion that I got from CC...after you fill out your laundry form, take a picture of the completed form for your records, That way if something doesn't come back you have a record. We have received other peoples laundry on occasion, the stewards try hard but mistakes happen!

Enjoy, we love this Elite benefit!:)

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Laundry and MDR room service are two big reasons to stay in a full suite.

How does staying in a full suite effect the MDR service?

Disregard this post. Sorry didn't see that you meant the room service

Room service is the operative term....staying in a suite allows you to order anything from the MDR menu as "room service"

I do not send any delicate items to the laundry. On my upcoming cruise, I went over my packed suitcase and removed any items that I wouldn't send out to be cleaned. As elite, I was still using the self serve laundry machines. Makes no sense!!

It sure does make sense. Once bitten twice shy. ;)

I'll pass on a suggestion that I got from CC...after you fill out your laundry form, take a picture of the completed form for your records, That way if something doesn't come back you have a record. We have received other peoples laundry on occasion, the stewards try hard but mistakes happen!

Enjoy, we love this Elite benefit!:)

Not only take a photo of the ticket but of each item so you can show them what it looks like the next time it doesn't come back.

WOW what a snarky answer to an innocent question. I believe that the OP was more interested in whether shirts will be pressed and returned on hangers.

From all the answers so far from 'old' elites, I am sensing that even these seasoned travelers are giving conflicting answers.

Have a pleasant day. ....Really.

I agree with you on that one. It was a very innocent question and not everyone can know all the answers. It's still nice that Princess does offer unlimited laundry and dry cleaning. Celebrity only offers 2 bags per cabin with a limit of 30 items each but we found that it worked fine for us being gone 14 days. I also heard that sometimes people really take advantage of the laundry service by bringing on ALL of their dirty laundry before they go on a cruise (and no, they weren't on a land tour beforehand) - it was a matter of someone posting on Facebook and literally bragging about it which I think is wrong. Anyway, just enjoy the perks because they are great!

Edited by cruiselover57

I agree with you on that one. It was a very innocent question and not everyone can know all the answers. It's still nice that Princess does offer unlimited laundry and dry cleaning. Celebrity only offers 2 bags per cabin with a limit of 30 items each but we found that it worked fine for us being gone 14 days. I also heard that sometimes people really take advantage of the laundry service by bringing on ALL of their dirty laundry before they go on a cruise (and no, they weren't on a land tour beforehand) - it was a matter of someone posting on Facebook and literally bragging about it which I think is wrong. Anyway, just enjoy the perks because they are great!

WHY would anyone do that? I will never understand how more than half of the world thinks.