Oasis question...

it's been a while since we cruised on Oasis. I know they did some upgrades.

Is Johnny Rockets still there on the Boardwalk? I've looked and can't find my info on it. This is my husband's favorite place!

I saw they replaced the Seafood Shack...too bad. I loved it. We tried Sabor on The Navigator..it was ok.

Is Johnny Rockets still there on the Boardwalk? I've looked and can't find my info on it. This is my husband's favorite place!

I saw they replaced the Seafood Shack...too bad. I loved it. We tried Sabor on The Navigator..it was ok.

Johnny Rockets is still there.

LOVED Sabor on Nav, so excited it is on Lady O. How do most of you communicate while onboard Oasis? Last time I was on, they had the Royal iPhones. Do you know if these are still available? I was hoping that the Royal iQ app was available for next week, but I guess it isn't so the best I can think of if they don't have those phones is to buy the unlimited internet package and communicated via Facebook IM. Any other thoughts?

My understanding is it is much less formal than Sabor on Navigator. We have eaten at Sabor 2 times on Oasis and 2 times on Allure, which have the same format, and it was amazing. Hopefully you will find it the same. Having eaten at the Seafood Shack and Rita's on many occasions, we found it to be big improvement.

As for JR, we like it too.

In case you did not know: Sabor has a great $20 deal for a sampler. We shared it among 3 of us and it was plenty of food. It included their guacamole, made right by your table. You also get 2 main courses, a side order, chips and dip, a starter, and the dessert sampler. We really liked the bacon wrapped peppers. If you like spicy, this is the way to go. You can see pictures of the food items by clicking on my review in my signature.

Also, Johnny Rockets has a great breakfast sandwich :)

Enjoy your return to Oasis!

Well thanks everyone! But I really am serious when I want to know how friends who cruise together but do not always do the same things actually communicate, and NO, notes in the stateroom are not the way to go, sorry! In this techno age, I love my technology and want to use it! So c'mon, someone's got to know something I don't!!!

Well thanks everyone! But I really am serious when I want to know how friends who cruise together but do not always do the same things actually communicate, and NO, notes in the stateroom are not the way to go, sorry! In this techno age, I love my technology and want to use it! So c'mon, someone's got to know something I don't!!!

We leave a message on the stateroom phone.

I suppose everyone in your party could purchase an expensive internet plan and email/text each other.

We like our techno gadgets too but find that nothing beats the handwritten post-it that gets prominently placed on a stateroom door or mirror.

Not being tethered to the gadgets is also liberating.

We use smoke signals. It proves to be problematic though when our friends aren't on the pool deck. It is even more confusing when the ship is burning waste, with all that extra smoke. :p

In truth, not jest, we leave a phone message in their cabin. The other option is we say where we will meet them next at a certain time, unless they let us know differently by phone message. To pay cellular data plans at sea just aren't worth it. I do pay for them in port though.

If you had RC internet you could use email to communicate. I don't Imessage or use facebook at all (private messae) so I don't know if those methods would work. However they'd have to have their device with them every where. Poolside and at the flowrider would not be as easy as at Johnny Rockets for example. One thing I'd like to note though, just as at the movie theatre, please leave it on vibe if you are at a show. There seeems to be more people forgetting to do that. It is a lot less intrusive than starting a fire in the Theatre to send your buddy a message. ;)

Based on what I have read so far about Oasis, you most likely have to use the iMessage feature, which means all need internet plans. I think the app, if I read correctly, isn't available on Oasis. I could be wrong though. Since I have a party of five on Oasis next spring, I may have to rely on 2 way radios (walkie talkies) and plan a time to use them w/each other so we can coordinate without the radios going off all day. Not ideal, but I'm not sure how I feel buying 5 internet packages to stay in touch with the tweens.

Based on what I have read so far about Oasis, you most likely have to use the iMessage feature, which means all need internet plans. I think the app, if I read correctly, isn't available on Oasis. I could be wrong though. Since I have a party of five on Oasis next spring, I may have to rely on 2 way radios (walkie talkies) and plan a time to use them w/each other so we can coordinate without the radios going off all day. Not ideal, but I'm not sure how I feel buying 5 internet packages to stay in touch with the tweens.

Just a quick heads up. I have heard from people who have brought walkie talkies that there isn't great reception with all the steel in the decks. Added to that there is a lot of other interference from other folks with them. Much more economical then 5 wifi packages though and worth a shot.

I don't "communicate".

On the Oasis, during the day, if anyone wanted to communicate with me, they could find me at the Mast bar.

At night, you could find me at my table at the MDR, and after that, good luck.

Wouldn't it be nice if the ship had an app (Windows, Android, iPhone) that ran on the local area network that enabled customers to message each other, locate each other, check the compass, share schedules, and manage reservations for FREE.

Why waste precious satellite bandwidth (and money) communicating cellular with people 1,000 yards away? People all within reach of the local area network WiFi.

Wouldn't it be nice if the ship had an app (Windows, Android, iPhone) that ran on the local area network that enabled customers to message each other, locate each other, check the compass, share schedules, and manage reservations for FREE.

Why waste precious satellite bandwidth (and money) communicating cellular with people 1,000 yards away? People all within reach of the local area network WiFi.

Given the state of their website and reservations system on any given day, I'm guessing that such a SIMPLE solution is waaaaaaaaaay beyond the abilities of RCI's IT department. :rolleyes: