Getting "married" on NCL

mike91911

Has anyone ever gotten married on an NCL cruise? I used to know a couple who got married every time they cruised. I'm already married but I was thinking about "renewing" our vows on the cruise. Anyone know how to go about doing this or if it is even done?

Mike

Hi Mike,

We are getting married on the Jewel on April 30th, before we sail to Europe from Miami. Everything is handled by "The Wedding Experience" for NCL in Miami and so far they've been great! You can call them at 800-392-3479 with any questions. Nothing is really finalized until 30 days out from the sailing date, but reserving the date is critical depending on what you want to do. The link that naragonl is what you need to look at as it includes all of the many options.

I'll be posting a review of the entire wedding and honeymoon cruise when we return in May! :) I already know it's going to be fantastic!

Hope this info helps.

Michele :)

I got married on the NCL Majesty last August. It was my 2nd, his 1st. It was a wonderfull wedding. We had close friends and relatives, about 35 people. 11 of us went on the cruise and had a great time!! My only complaint was that when we made our final arrangements we couldnt book the package we wanted. I wanted a sit down meal, they could only accomodate hors duerves (I always spell that wrong, LOL) and an open bar. It did save us a ton of money!! I wanted a 2 hour reception, we could only have a 1 hour reception. One plus...Our wedding was at 12:30, the reception ended around 1:45, our guests didnt have to leave the ship until 3:30, we brought everyone up to the top deck where we could all eat from the buffet....Our guests couldnt purchase drinks on their own, we just put them all on our room cards (we had a big bill before we left!!)

Good luck with your plans!!

Patty

Hi Mike! You sound like a prince of a guy to be looking into this. Which makes your wife a princess, so don't forget to treat her as such. :p

DH and I have renewed our vows on six of our seven NCL cruises. We haven't sailed NCL since 2000, so I don't know if anything has changed. On NCL the organized renewal of vows was a group event, and you were presented with a renewal certificate signed by the Captain.

The ceremonies were held in lounges and once in a conference room. That was actually the most touching ceremony, and the chaplain had me in tears. Once we were treated to champagne. Once the seas were so rough we had to renew our vows sitting. Naturally that was the time we had champagne. :eek:

We're sailing in five weeks to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We've got family and friends joining us, and will have a renewal of vows ceremony on the beach in Ste. Maarten on our actual anniversary. I'm really excited. When we were in Ste. Maarten in December we selected Mullet Bay as the location.

We'll be renewing our vows first thing in the morning so everyone can then play. One of our friends is a pastor, otherwise we would probably just write and recite our own vows. That night we'll take everyone to LeBistro for dinner, and I'll arrange a cake and champagne "reception" afterward in our suite.

Our wedding was very small and low key, so we're pulling out all the stops for our anniversary.

I've looked at the NCL packages, and they don't seem to offer what we're looking for, but everyone's needs and wants are different.

Happy renewing, Carla

Archived