Fun with kids...

FelderFiveTx99

There are no awesome beaches in Key West. Our beaches are average at best. If you insist, Higgs Beach is good for kids since there are a couple playgrounds, including one on the beach, decent sand, and a good restaurant for lunch when you have had enough sun. Many people like Fort Zachary Taylor Beach, but it is very rocky. Bring water shoes if you want to walk the beach or swim.

Other kid friendly activities include The Butterfly Museum, the Eco Discovery Center (free!), a ride on The Conch Train and The Aquarium.

we just spent 2 days in Key west, and The Eco discovery center was amazing!

there is also a coast guard cutter there, the most decorated cutter in the Coast Guard. A nice slice of history. Higgs beach was nice also.....a quick walk to the most southernmost point in the continental us. All can be reached by the hop on-hop off city trolley. I just posted a few pictures of our trip on my family blog....might be helpful

http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/

Your family will love key west!

we just spent 2 days in Key west, and The Eco discovery center was amazing!

there is also a coast guard cutter there, the most decorated cutter in the Coast Guard. A nice slice of history. Higgs beach was nice also.....a quick walk to the most southernmost point in the continental us. All can be reached by the hop on-hop off city trolley. I just posted a few pictures of our trip on my family blog....might be helpful

http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/

Your family will love key west!

Thanks for sharing, that looks like a lot of fun!

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

I think...you might want to get a confirmation....that the Aquarium had a "feed the sharks" at a specific time of day. Kids might want to go and watch that.

It's pretty cool just walking around down at the wharf/marina to see all the boats, grab a smoothie, do a little shopping for something kind of piratey and nautical. It's just a fun place to wander around.

• 2 weeks later...
I think...you might want to get a confirmation....that the Aquarium had a "feed the sharks" at a specific time of day. Kids might want to go and watch that.

It's pretty cool just walking around down at the wharf/marina to see all the boats, grab a smoothie, do a little shopping for something kind of piratey and nautical. It's just a fun place to wander around.

I agree, we loved walking around, and that donut place had the best donuts, we ever had! Honestly, I could have eaten a dozen!