Parking in New Orleans

funkidd

I will be going on the triumph tomorrow in New Orleans. I've never cruised out of that port. What is the best way to park and handle the mess of people. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bring lots of $$, parking in New Orleans averages about $35 a day (not sure what the parking fee is near the port).

The Erato parking garage is located at the top of the terminal and is $20/day. I agree that parking other places in New Orleans is pricey!

We arrived about 10:15 for 10:30 check-in during Spring Break. Didn't encounter masses of people at all.

If this link doesn't work, then Google Port of New Orleans and click on the tab for Cruises and follow the link to Passenger Info and then pick parking. http://www.portno.com/parking

Have a great time on the Triumph! I highly recommend the Sea Day Brunch...it's worth asking directions to the Paris dining room.

We've used the Fulton Street Garage 2x and been happy. The garage is on the other side of the civic center from the port. You can park in covered or on the roof top level (which is cheaper) they shuttle you over, but it is walkable too. I have dropped my wife and luggage at the port both times and then parked. If you park on the roof, you have to go down a flight of stairs or the car ramp to get to the elevators, which can be tricky with luggage.

Call Angle with Machu Pichu. He's fabulous and much cheaper than the terminal parking

We always use Angel with Machu Picchu! Covered parking at a great price. He will transport you to the cruise terminal and pick you up within minutes when you get back from your cruise.

We used him when we sailed on Super Bowl Sunday ( when the Super Bowl was in N.O.) and he navigated the throngs of cars and people like you wouldn't believe. We have used him 3 or 4 times and wouldn't do it any other way.

Google Machu Picchu Tours....located on Jackson Ave. ($14 per day).

• 4 months later...