First Time Azamara - Deluxe Veranda Question, Etc.

Meena

We are finally considering a Sept. 2013 Med cruise and looking to book a veranda cabin. What are the differences between the V2 Veranda and the end VX Verandas, is it the size alone of the veranda. I know the locations are different. Also, on smaller ships, these deluxe verandas being on each end of the ship, do you feel the vibrations more? We usually take cabins in the middle of the ships and have exclusively sailed on Celebrity for many years. From everything I've read on these boards, people love Azamara and so we've decided to try one. Any suggestions or tips would be most appreciated as we will probably book very soon. Another question is do you receive Elite benefits onboard Azamara, like laundry service, 90 minutes free Internet, etc. Thanks.

"Yes" to getting Celebrity/Azamara loyalty recognition.

We haven't been in a stern veranda on Azamara, so can't comment on vibrations, but we've done stern verandas on other cruise lines and they are simply wonderful. Minimal wind, great sailaway views, larger verandas usually with lounge chairs.

We are finally considering a Sept. 2013 Med cruise and looking to book a veranda cabin. What are the differences between the V2 Veranda and the end VX Verandas, is it the size alone of the veranda. I know the locations are different. Also, on smaller ships, these deluxe verandas being on each end of the ship, do you feel the vibrations more? We usually take cabins in the middle of the ships and have exclusively sailed on Celebrity for many years. From everything I've read on these boards, people love Azamara and so we've decided to try one. Any suggestions or tips would be most appreciated as we will probably book very soon. Another question is do you receive Elite benefits onboard Azamara, like laundry service, 90 minutes free Internet, etc. Thanks.

Hi Meena,

Welcome to the Azamara Forum. Regarding Your Veranda question, I believe the VX & V2 cabin layouts are nearly identical. The differences in the VX, is the aft location, and, according to Azamara's website, the Aft Verandas are "slightly" larger... 46-64 sq ft on the Club Deluxe Veranda, vs. 40 sq ft for the Club Veranda.

Regarding your LeClub Voyage question, if you are at Elite Level with Celebrity, you will be at Discoverer Level on Azamara. For recognition, add your Captains Club numbers to your Azamara booking. Here's a list of LCV benefits : http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com/dc/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=membership_benefits

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

I would look carefully at the pricing of those VX cabins. From my experience they have been priced too high for the benefit over a V2 of a slightly larger balcony and forward or aft view. Those at the front of the ship will be more exposed than the aft cabins. On my last trip I booked one, but then upgraded to Club Continent Suite for not that much more. I have read here about vibrations at the stern and anchor noise at the bow. I like the V2s because a lot of them are on deck 7 with cabins above and below rather than public or work areas.

Celebrity Elite = Azamara Discoverer. The main plus over Celebrity is you get 237 minutes free internet rather than 90. A couple of vouchers for laundry and pressing. Some nice evening drinks gatherings too.

Phil

i had an aft veranda on deck 6 of the Journey a couple years ago. vibration when cruising at sea was horrible. soot from the stacks on veranda furniture every morning. i won't do that again. the view is nice and the verandas are much deeper (but same width) on the aft cabins but for the vibration trade off i will take a mid ship veranda any day. deck 8 aft verandas are exposed to noise from the Windows cafe/bar above. i have no info on vibration in cabins above deck 6.

I would recommend staying in a midship V2 Deck 7. No noise from above nor below. They have easy access to facilities, we didn't use the lifts once! Just watch your location portside laundry room....see separate thread!

I would recommend staying in a midship V2 Deck 7. No noise from above nor below. They have easy access to facilities, we didn't use the lifts once! Just watch your location portside laundry room....see separate thread!

Deck 7 aft rocks. Close to laundry facilities and an easy decent on the stairs to the MDR. Also, very quiet no issues with noise of any kind.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We just returned from a great cruise on Azamara Quest. We had cabin 6090 Vx Aft Balcony. It is the same size as any other balcony cabin with a slightly larger balcony. We noticed a vibration when under way and I had trouble sleeping the first few nights. Also we really didn't use balcony due the soot getting on our clothes. The view from our room was great.

The staff and service were terrific.

Steve

DW and I were booked into 6007, all the way forward, starboard/right, V3, for our first cruise 10/10 Eastern Med. There is no difference room wise or veranda wise, in any of the veranda cabins, simply the location, and therefore the price. We were just above the theater, never had a problem with noise. The worst noise we ever heard was the anchor dropping, and yes, that could wake the dead, but added, shall we say, local color to the cruise. You knew you were on a boat rather than a Holiday Inn Express. There is occasional (severe) vibration in the very rear of the ship, which was noticeable in the MDR on a few occasions, if we were sitting in the rear near the windows. If you can save a few dollars, go for it. The service is the same, the rooms are the same, the verandas are the same, the location on a small ship is a bit different. My 2 cents. Enjoy, you are in for a wonderful experience. Personally, I'm counting down the days to get back onto Journey in Singapore in January.

...There is occasional (severe) vibration in the very rear of the ship, which was noticeable in the MDR on a few occasions, if we were sitting in the rear near the windows. ...

We are in Cabin 6077, eight cabins from the rear, for our mid-October first Azamara cruise after four on Oceania. Any thoughts on how severe the vibration will be in that cabin when cruising?

Thanks, maryann ns, for your positive response regarding vibration. I was a bit concerned about sleeping when I read some of the posts on this thread because I am someone who moved from what most consider primo aft window seats in the main dining room on sister Oceania ship Nautica because I hated the vibration I felt there when the ship was underway.

Now that Azamara has announced that they're getting rid of the heavy teak chairs, maybe the midship cabins on deck 8 will have more appeal. We were in 8035 on our first cruise in 2009, and I was consistently awakened by the noise generated from cleaning the pool deck in the middle of the night. As much as I love the teak chairs, I hope this will be an improvement.

We are in Cabin 6077, eight cabins from the rear, for our mid-October first Azamara cruise after four on Oceania. Any thoughts on how severe the vibration will be in that cabin when cruising?

We have stayed in 6077 & several other cabins in the same area on decks 6 & 7, we are booked in 6075 for our next cruise.

Vibration is very minimal at normal cruising speeds & it is only really noticeable if the ship is putting on speed to make up time.

We have done 2 transatlantic crossings & a trip around Cape Horn on Journey & we love the location of those cabins.

We have stayed in 6077 & several other cabins in the same area on decks 6 & 7, we are booked in 6075 for our next cruise.

Vibration is very minimal at normal cruising speeds & it is only really noticeable if the ship is putting on speed to make up time.

We have done 2 transatlantic crossings & a trip around Cape Horn on Journey & we love the location of those cabins.

Thanks so much for helping to allay my fears. Our cruise nautical mileage to be covered only is Barcelona to Rome with four ports in Sicily, a stop in Malta and two on the Amalfi Coast, so hopefully there will be little need to put on speed to make up time.

I am a deck 6 fan from my previous Oceania cruises, so convenient for meals and entertainment, but I have been further mid-ships on those cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh, I hadn't really given the location of my cabin much thought, ideally midships seems to be the most popular but being a relatively novice cruiser it hadn't really occured to me :o. Any thoughts on the position of cabin 7105, deck 7 on Journey. On previous cruises the slight movement has always rocked me to sleep.......;)

Gosh, I hadn't really given the location of my cabin much thought, ideally midships seems to be the most popular but being a relatively novice cruiser it hadn't really occured to me :o. Any thoughts on the position of cabin 7105, deck 7 on Journey. On previous cruises the slight movement has always rocked me to sleep.......;)

V3 in a good spot I'd say with cabins above and below you. I've stayed slightly forward of that on the other side in 7096. We hit some rougher water between Nice and Corsica and we rocked a bit, but I never felt uncomfortable. I don't suffer motion sickness fortunately. It was very smooth as far as vibrations were concerned.

Phil

7105 looks great to me.

You are a "distance" from the lifts/stairs, and pretty far down towards the stern, which translates to no traffic congregating outside your cabin, and very few people walking past to get either to or from their respective rooms. Quiet is good. And you are insulated above and below by staterooms, rather than swimming pools and restaurants. There was occasional (and let me stress-occasional)engine vibration to the rear of the MDR on a few occasions, but your room is probably ahead of that. One of the really great things that I didn't realize until my wife pointed it out to me, the ships are rather small. If you forget your reading glasses in your room, it only takes a minute to get from the dining rooms, or just about anywhere else, back to your cabin, and then back to your table. You aren't on an aircraft carrier, where you have to navigate a two mile hike from one end to the other, with mobs of people swirling around you. The ships are large enough to get away from people when you need to, and small enough so that you have very prompt access to everything on board when you want it. The veranda cabins, by the way, are worth every extra dollar/pound/euro. To convince DW to go on our first cruise, I had to convince her that I had booked the cheapest, darkest, dankest inside cabin on the ship; I think the logic is that while money cannot buy happiness, poverty can. She was stunned when she opened the door, and there was that floor to ceiling sliding glass door looking out onto the sea. The cabins are small - the veranda and light really opens it up. We spent a very large portion of the trip enjoying the veranda, and I don't think we missed a single morning having breakfast outside. (Be warned from my other posts, the cappuccino will arrive tepid). You've got a great room. And with verandas being spruced up during the drydock, they should be even better. Start looking into excursions, and looking forward to meeting you.

David

• 1 year later...

We were allocated a VX cabin, 6001 as "guarantee balcony" on our recent cruise on Journey. The cabin and balcony are the same size as the standard Verandah cabins and there are no additional amenities. On the plus side the balcony, which is not covered provides a nice sun trap providing weather conditions are right and, overlooking the bow gives a different perspective. The cabin is right above the stage in the cabaret lounge and you could hear the thumping from the base until the show finished usually around 10.45 - 11.00 pm. There was also vibration at times and noise from the anchor being lowered or raised or the mooring lines being wound in or out. Being in this cabin did not ruin our cruise but I certainly would not choose it or pay extra. In my opinion is should be a V3 grade.

Archived