new coffee card - response from Princess

vickie_bernie

I posted on Princess' facebook page the question about the coffee card that is coming out in the new year. Here is their response

Coffee cards are being redesigned to include the ship and sailing on which they were purchased. Once these new cards go into effect, you will still be able to use all 15 punches over multiple sailings if you wish. Any unused punches on card...s that you currently possess will also be honored. However, the added benefit of free brewed coffees and specialty teas will only be applicable during the cruise indicated on the card.

if you are on facebook the complete link is here http://www.facebook.com/#!/PrincessCruises/posts/10150353129624060?notif_t=feed_comment

Coffee cards are being redesigned to include the ship and sailing on which they were purchased. Once these new cards go into effect, you will still be able to use all 15 punches over multiple sailings if you wish. Any unused punches on card...s that you currently possess will also be honored. However, the added benefit of free brewed coffees and specialty teas will only be applicable during the cruise indicated on the card

That certainly makes sense to me!

No problems with that here

I wonder though if the free brewed coffee will be available until the punches have gone on the old card

From the way this reads ("However, the added benefit of free brewed coffees and specialty teas will only be applicable during the cruise indicated on the card."), I would say NO. Since the older cards do not indicate the cruise you are sailing on.

Edited by Toto2Kansas

I, too, was wondering if we will be able to have unlimited free coffee on the old cards. I have one from last cruise that doesn't have a single punch on it. Bought two, and only used one up. Hope they honor it. Going in February on the Emerald.

From the way this reads ("However, the added benefit of free brewed coffees and specialty teas will only be applicable during the cruise indicated on the card."), I would say NO. Since the older cards do not indicate the cruise you are sailing on.

that is how I read it too

If you have any old cards you can still use the cards for the punches that are remaining, but not for the free coffee/tea - not that I think this is the right way to do this, perhaps Princess should have a grace period of say a year to use up your old cards.

the new cards will have the sailing date and ship name and you will get free coffee/tea during the sailing.

vickie

That is what confused me as there is no ship named on my card

But there will be on the new cards. ;)

Since these 'specialty coffee cards' were sold under the pretense they did not expire, Princess seems to be keeping their word. You can still use any and all punches left on your old cards until they are used up. But if you want unlimited fresh brewed, you will have to have a new card with the name of your ship and sailing on it. That is how I am understanding this, and I would bet cha I am correct.

Sounds very fair! Plus they are letting you know what will happen if you try to use the old card for free brewed coffee or tea on another ship/cruise.

Ahh... but you know that people who haven't heard the news will be bent out of shape over Princess finally closing this loophole. :p

But there will be on the new cards. ;)

Since these 'specialty coffee cards' were sold under the pretense they did not expire, Princess seems to be keeping their word. You can still use any and all punches left on your old cards until they are used up. But if you want unlimited fresh brewed, you will have to have a new card with the name of your ship and sailing on it. That is how I am understanding this, and I would bet cha I am correct.

I'll bet on you

So does this mean that after next year, If I still have unpunched old cards, I can still get brewed coffee till all of the punches are used up?

My guess is NO, you will only be able to use the punches for specialty coffees on the old cards after the first of the year. ;)

To play devil's advocate - when we bought the coffee cards, we bought 15 specialty drinks and unlimited brewed coffee. The brewed coffee was part of the sales pitch, so they are technically reducing the value of the card.

Maybe they should, if you have an old card, give you a coupon for a few brewed. Or, maybe give you 3 brewed coffees for a punch or something.

To play devil's advocate - when we bought the coffee cards, we bought 15 specialty drinks and unlimited brewed coffee.

I thought the card specified that the brewed was valid for the duration of the cruise.

It was a loophole being used because Princess wasn't dating the cards.

(At least, that's my understanding.)

If this is true, your card hasn't been devalued; a loophole has been closed.

BTW - Their resolution is extremely fair, IMHO.

Edited by Kmkub

This sounds like a good solution. I have about half of my punches left on my card from our May TA, as I don't get a specialty coffee every day. Sounds like I can use up the rest of my punches and can buy a brewed coffee or two for charge to my cruise card if I wish. That should easily get me through our April 2012 TA. I'm a happy camper!

I'll bet on you

I bet on Toto for the win :)

And it makes sense for Princess to do this....

So I am anting and futher betting that no brewed coffee just the punches for speciality coffees will be honoured on the old cards. :)

Thinking it over I think that if they are allowing the punches to be used forever then they will have the free brewed coffee forever. How do they know when you used the coffee as there is no date on the card.

Really does'nt matter to me as I don't use that much coffee anyway

Thinking it over I think that if they are allowing the punches to be used forever then they will have the free brewed coffee forever. How do they know when you used the coffee as there is no date on the card.

Really does'nt matter to me as I don't use that much coffee anyway

As has been stated, the posted quotation makes it pretty clear that the brewed coffee is not a forever thing any longer. They know that if you have an old card, you're obviously no longer on the cruise where you purchased it, and the new rules state that brewed coffee is good only for the voyage during which you purchase the card.