Voyager Class Aft Cabins 6388 & 6390

Alegeeter

I just looked at Voyager-class.com and it looks like the cabins we booked may be obstructed. We have been in aft cabins before on previous boats and loved them so we did it again on the Navigator. Looking at the pictures it looks like the aft structure makes the balcony far from the water and blocks the view of the ocean.

Has anyone stayed in these cabins before? If so, are they obstructed? Did you enjoy the room? How big is the balcony? Flood me with any information you think is necessary! Should I attempt to change rooms on port/starboard sides?

thanks so much!

In general, the superstructure on the back of a Voyager class or Freedom class ship doesn't bother me, but if you can, switch to a higher deck. On Deck 6 you are on the same level as a long grey deck which is between you and the actual end of the ship. Here are some pics:

1069832586036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

1069832571036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

2179156030036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

2205060420036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

thanks for the pictures. There were not any available aft cabins on higher decks. In fact, these two just became available so we grabbed them (wondering now if they were let go for the same reason). The only option would be to switch to regular balcony rooms on the sides of the ship.

what's your opinion merion_mom?

and on a side note, what's the point of the gray thing?

My DH and I stayed in 6388 on Explorer this past December. No you can not look straight down into the water and there is a grey area in front of the balc but the balc is still twice as large as an regular cabin and the sunsets were amazing. I'm sure there are better afts out there but we were extremly happy with our aft and are now full aft lovers. The pros outweigh the cons. We have another aft booked for this Nov in an aft on deck eight (but no corner they were all sold out)

My DH and I stayed in 6388 on Explorer this past December. No you can not look straight down into the water and there is a grey area in front of the balc but the balc is still twice as large as an regular cabin and the sunsets were amazing. I'm sure there are better afts out there but we were extremly happy with our aft and are now full aft lovers. The pros outweigh the cons. We have another aft booked for this Nov in an aft on deck eight (but no corner they were all sold out)

You will love this balcony. You can see the wake from here. IMO the corner afts are only better on decks 7 or 10, on deck 8 and 9 they are smaller wedge shaped balconys.

thanks for the pictures. There were not any available aft cabins on higher decks. In fact, these two just became available so we grabbed them (wondering now if they were let go for the same reason). The only option would be to switch to regular balcony rooms on the sides of the ship.

what's your opinion merion_mom?

and on a side note, what's the point of the gray thing?

The "gray thing" is the ceiling over the crews deck. I don't know that I would be happy with this deck. I am an aft deck snob but for the limited view on this deck I dont know that it would be worth the LONG walk to mid ship to get anywhere. I would consider which locations are available for a regular balcony and weigh my options.

Um, if that's the ceiling to the crew deck, is it strong enough to walk on?

As the rail isn't all that high, I'm thinking that a little hop-over would vastly improve both your view and the available room.

And if it is walkable area, does anyone go by? I'm on deck 6 in an aft cabin, but a different one. From the looks of it, my situation will be the same, though.

We had 6388 on the Mariner and hated it. You cannot see down to the water,there is just a large grey deck in front of you,the superstructure spoils the view from above, you cannot see anything out of that large porthole window except wall, they leave a light on all night on deck 5 that shines up so you cannot leave your balcony curtains open.We were booked in another balcony and I saw this aft open and grabbed it, boy was I sorry.I have written RCI that it should be listed as an obstructed view cabin.It doesn't do any good to have a large balcony if you can't see anything.

Um, if that's the ceiling to the crew deck, is it strong enough to walk on?

As the rail isn't all that high, I'm thinking that a little hop-over would vastly improve both your view and the available room.

And if it is walkable area, does anyone go by? I'm on deck 6 in an aft cabin, but a different one. From the looks of it, my situation will be the same, though.

You are not supposed to go out there,and they do have security cameras. I can tell you a little hop for you would be a major hop for me,LOL

This is one of the most coveted cabins of all abs'ers (aft balcony snob's) Congratulations have a great cruise
Are you sure you are talking about 6388? I love aft cabins but this one should be listed as obstructed view.

Hi group,

So from the looks of it, you COULD jump over that railing and not only get closer to the edge of the ship, but have quite the "balcony". Anyone ever try that?

I'm in 6650 and 6651 (can't remember which is balcony/PR)...I imagine the view will be the same?

I have had 6688...I belive some of the pics Merion Mom Posted are mine.

Granted...Its not the best corner...But I would take it over any center aft,or not having an aft...It is a very large balcony...And i really don't get the whole looking down into the water thing..I tried to make myself look down into the water on the balcony since having this room...And I had to remind myself to look :D

It is a very quite,secluded view..The only exception,is occasionally during shift change you will hear the clacking of the doors as the crew go in and out down below you.We only actually saw folks out there one time,and had to lean over the rail to see them...(on Mariner crew deck is deck 5)

But it is such a great balcony,and being an E1 cheaper than the others...And a tab bit longer room...

I would do it again for the price..

Hi group,

So from the looks of it, you COULD jump over that railing and not only get closer to the edge of the ship, but have quite the "balcony". Anyone ever try that?

I'm in 6650 and 6651 (can't remember which is balcony/PR)...I imagine the view will be the same?

Again..The camara is right on the balcony of 6688,6388...You would enjoy that view for about 5 min before being asked to vacate the room !!:eek:

• 1 month later...

Is the only complaint on 6th aft balconies that you cant see down? You can look out at straight and ports though, right? And your saying no good view on corners with portholes on balcony?

Seems like the ones on decks above wouldn't be so great either. We are big aft lovers. Booking on Navigator. any suggestions, itinerary not out yet. On this cruise we are looking at the aft view more for ports than sea days.

Any advice appreciated.

• 8 years later...
I have had 6688...I belive some of the pics Merion Mom Posted are mine.

Granted...Its not the best corner...But I would take it over any center aft,or not having an aft...It is a very large balcony...And i really don't get the whole looking down into the water thing..I tried to make myself look down into the water on the balcony since having this room...And I had to remind myself to look :D

It is a very quite,secluded view..The only exception,is occasionally during shift change you will hear the clacking of the doors as the crew go in and out down below you.We only actually saw folks out there one time,and had to lean over the rail to see them...(on Mariner crew deck is deck 5)

But it is such a great balcony,and being an E1 cheaper than the others...And a tab bit longer room...

I would do it again for the price..

I know this is an old thread, but I did a search and it popped up.

The pictures were removed in the post above, probably since they were

not hers. Is there anyway you could repost the pics so I can view them?

I am thinking about booking this cabin on Navigator 6688.

thank you.