Voyager of the Seas Cabins 8690 & 8692 or 8390 & 8392

jldev

I'm thinking of booking my family of five on a 14 night Voyager of the Seas cruise and are considering either aft cabins 8690 & 8692 or 8390 & 8392. Our children are all teenagers so can be in a separate cabin that does not interconnect. We'd normally get a balcony for my husband and I plus an inside cabin across the hall for them but, given the length of this cruise, I thought we might treat them to also having a balcony. And, since the cruise has about 8 or 9 sea days, the possiblity of getting cabins with an extra large balcony for the price of E1 sounds good. I love the idea of laying out on a lounger reading my book on the balcony. The ship is already quite heavily booked so I can't get aft cabins on high decks.

My question is about the privacy or lack of it on the balconies of these cabins. We've never had aft cabins before and I've been reading that people in the balconies above these cabins can see straight down onto them. Is that true? If so, can they see the whole balcony or just the outer half? And, if so, can the people above see as much of the balcony on the corner cabins, 8690 or 8390, as they can for cabins 8692 & 8392? I've been scouring the net for any photos taken from the cabins above from a looking down angle but cannot find anything. Does anyone know about this?

I stayed in 8392 on Voyager in December, the oversized balcony was very nice, particularly with my teen boys! However unfortunately the cabin above can see in to nearly the whole balcony, 8390 did have slightly more privacy, but not much.

Thanks so much for letting me know. I'm finding it hard to work out how big of a con the lack of privacy on the balcony (particularly 8392) is versus the obvious pros that these cabins have.