Majesty Cruise REVIEW - Feb 20, 2017

Iowa_Vike

Here is my review of our past cruise on the Majesty of the Seas on Feb. 20 to 24, 2017. We had a group of 10 on this cruise with most of them first timers. My daughters friend (under 18) came along so I had a form signed by her parents and I am glad I had it as they asked me for the form.

First off with the fast check in. My wife and I had a GS and my brother and his wife had a (GS) so we had priority boarding but didn’t use it cause the rest of the family did not have priority boarding. Didn’t matter as we all went right through with no problems. Took all of 15 to 20 minutes before we were on the ship and making our way to the Windjammer for lunch. Our rooms were to be ready by 1so we toured the ship a bit and grabbed a drink at the Viking Crown Lounge.

Rooms were announced being done about right on time. We made our way to our rooms. We had room 1538, the Turquoise room. This room was a nice and clean room. The bathroom was a bit smaller than the GS on Enchantment but still plenty big.

enhance

Our Room Door

Our room attendant, BiBi, was wonderful as well. Always doing something special for us.

enhance

My daughter and her friend had a JS right next to us. This was also a nice room but they had trouble with the toilet over flowing a couple times for no reason. This only happened when we hooked to land at Nassau. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. Even with that I didn’t notice any sewer smells in the hallway. That was the only problems we had with any of the rooms other than my sister and BIL did not have outlets close enough to the beds to plug in their CPAP machines. RCI brought cords right down to take care of them.

By 5pm we all went up to the Viking Crown Lounge (we spent a lot of time here). The VCL held the private horsd’oeuvres and drinks for gold cards and up where they would rope off half the lounge for us. This worked out a lot better for us than having a separate room dedicated for gold and above because we could sit with all our family. Yes, they could come in but purchase their drinks. I know that some of the snootier people may not like this but they just need to get over it. Our Bartender Alphonso Nicholson (aka “Fonzie”)as we called him was awesome. He created a drink on the second day for us to try which was wonderful. We named the drink “Happy Days”. So, if you are in the VCL and see Fonzie, ask for the Happy Day.

enhance

Fonzie!

We had the late dinner at 8:30 in the Starlight. We were all seated together and all had wonderful meals. The wait staff here was top notch Kennet and Gede. One waiter from another table was sweet on my daughter’s friend and sang to her during their signing on the last night.

enhance

On Day 3 in Nassau my wife and I split duties since we have both been there before. My wife took the girls to the beach, shops and bars. I took my sister and BIL on a walking tour then took a cab to Atlantis. My sister was freaking out the steering wheel was on the wrong side and the cab driver offered me weed. Just an eventful trip. Like I said, we have been to Nassau a few times before but never went to Atlantis. I can say that I will never go back to Atlantis. Not my thing. We brought a different cab on the way back that was a little more “normal” I would say. He dropped us off by the ships then we walked up to Bahamian Cooking restaurant to have some Cracked Conch. Delicious, I recommend this place to stop for conch and a beer. It’s off the beaten path but is rated as the best in Nassau. I would agree. My brother and SIL took an excursion to snorkel and had a great time other than getting stuck in the middle of a down pour on the way back.

Coco Cay was on day 4. Winds were about 14 mph with sunny skies. It took the captain a little extra time to position the ship in a way the tender boats would work the best. After about an hour delay we were allowed to board the tenders and go to Coco Cay. We did the snorkeling. Water was cold and cloudy. If you swam out further where it was deeper you could see better.

enhance View of CoCo Cay and Tender Boat

Debarkation on the last day went as smooth as embarkation. Three more couples hooked on Royal Caribbean and for good reason. This was a wonderful cruise. My wife and I love the Majesty. It’s an older ship but is kept up well. Sure, there are spots here and there that need repair or attention but you have to remember this ship is constantly going so repairs will need to be done on the fly. I saw there was a window in the Schooner Bar that was shattered. I assume the glass is ordered and will be fixed soon.

All in all, I would not hesitate to take another cruise onthis ship. So ends another great cruisewith Royal Caribbean.

enhance

RCI watches out for teens and their own butts. My daughter and her friend, 18 and 17 respectively, met a couple guys the first night. The guys were 21. When they found out the girls were younger, they lost interest. I set that up to say this. One of those guys was caught buying or giving a girl under age a drink. He was asked to get off the ship in Nassau and find his own way back home. I thought it was nice that RCI is paying attention to the younger crowds and then following through with the punishment.

Great review. Thank you so much, these are always so helpful! My husband and I are booked on the Majesty in May for a quick getaway...busy year. We're booked into a Junior Suite but considering the Grand Suite instead. I am seeing confusing information about the amenities associated with that suite. I realize they may be more limited on a smaller ship. Specifically, do you know if there are reserved seats available by the pool? Also, with the larger balcony are there lounge chairs in additional to regular seating? Any other suggestions as to the advantage of upgrading to a Grand Suite? Thank you!

Great review. Thank you so much, these are always so helpful! My husband and I are booked on the Majesty in May for a quick getaway...busy year. We're booked into a Junior Suite but considering the Grand Suite instead. I am seeing confusing information about the amenities associated with that suite. I realize they may be more limited on a smaller ship. Specifically, do you know if there are reserved seats available by the pool? Also, with the larger balcony are there lounge chairs in additional to regular seating? Any other suggestions as to the advantage of upgrading to a Grand Suite? Thank you!

There are no reserved seating around the pool. And the kids in the hot tub should be banned.

The grand suite does have a lounge chair plus a small table and 2 chairs. The jr suite just has the 2 chairs and table.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

wonderful pics and info, thank you!

We just booked the Royal Suite on the Majesty and I am so excited. However, I am worried about the noise above us, we are very light sleepers, even with earplugs. Should I consider a different suite? any advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks!!

• 1 month later...
wonderful pics and info, thank you!

We just booked the Royal Suite on the Majesty and I am so excited. However, I am worried about the noise above us, we are very light sleepers, even with earplugs. Should I consider a different suite? any advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks!!

I can't speak for the Royal suite but my suite was pretty quite. Much better than Enchantment where I could hear everything.