August temperature for Baltic sailing

I read a recent thread that the weather is supposed to be spring like in August. From what I've found the temperatures will range from 14 - 17 deg C. Is this correct? I thought the temp was much - 19 deg +? Has anyone sailed at this time of year that can enlighten me?

I read a recent thread that the weather is supposed to be spring like in August. From what I've found the temperatures will range from 14 - 17 deg C. Is this correct? I thought the temp was much - 19 deg +? Has anyone sailed at this time of year that can enlighten me?
I sailed the Baltics from August 28 to September 9, 2001. Weather was perfect. Sixties and seventies in the day; fifties at night. I brought a windbreaker and was fine.

I'm going to move this post to the Baltic board because there are lots of people cruising at the same time that you are or they've already cruised at that time of year. You'll get better results there.

I sailed Grand Princess Aug 7-17, 2004. The weather was pretty varied. Our warmest and sunniest days were in Stockholm and Copenhagen. We were never "rained out" but had a fair amount of grey/drizzle. I am a huge fan of goretex rain jackets (landsend or LL bean). They roll up into a ball, weigh nothing, unroll without wrinkles and, most important to me, don't make you hot & sweaty because they breathe. Another plus is they usually have a hood so you can avoid carting an umbrella around. I also recommend layers - most tour days start early and you may need a light jacket. Final thought, a lot of the palaces and museums (particularly in St. P) have no air conditioning and poor air circulation so they can be hot & stuffy. It was a fabulous trip and I am sure you will love it.

Archived