question about cabin

sep1018

was looking at e-docs and found out that we have been upgraded:D from an 8a Guarantee on the upper deck to an 8c on the verandah deck. we have been issued our cabin number , which is 8368, and best friends are in cabin 8370. Can someone give me some info on the cabins. This is our first balcony, so i'm very excited. leavin oct7th.(can't come fast enough:p ) we are on the conquest.

I've not been either of these cabins, but they look like standard balcony cabins (in other words, nice.)

I was on the same deck on the Conquest, under the 24 hour ice cream, and didn't have a problem with chair noise. We certainly heard some scraping now and again, but not enough to bother us. Take earplugs if this is a concern for you!

Have a great cruise!

those cabins are located under the buffet area--not the pool deck.

going to carnival website--click on funship then carnival conquest then staterooms. clicking on the balcony cabin will show you what the cabin looks like

www.cruiseclues.com scroll down and click on carnival conquest

The letters are part of the catagory that your stateroom is in. If you look at your room number on the deck plan page of the Carnival website, to the right of the page you will see all of the different catagories. They are usually a number and a letter, for the catagory. The higher the letter, the better the catagory, such as 8C is better than 8A

Kathy

was just wondering if anyone has stayed in either of the cabins, and what they are like:) .looks like we are under the pool deck.Looks like we will have a clear view from the balcony

We were in 8416 last year, and only heard chairs once. and that was on the last day.

what do the letters stand for? you said 8a to 8c- what is a and what is c? Where does it say that on the reservation?

we are on deck 7 of the Freedom.

depending if you are in an inside cabin which will be a 4D

or a balcony which will be a 8B

each cat has a color code. go to carnival web site and look at deck plans. when clicking each deck there is a legend of symbols of what kind of bedding is in each cabin.. also look at the numbers and letters.

--

to put your cruise on the main page-- go to carnival web site and register to use the site. After that-- click on MY PROFILE and look for add a booking #. put all your information in. Once the cruise is listed on the main page--- click on cruise details.. then stateroom details

was looking at e-docs and found out that we have been upgraded:D from an 8a Guarantee on the upper deck to an 8c on the verandah deck. we have been issued our cabin number , which is 8368, and best friends are in cabin 8370. Can someone give me some info on the cabins. This is our first balcony, so i'm very excited. leavin oct7th.(can't come fast enough:p ) we are on the conquest.

What is e-docs? Can I find my room that way ? thanks :)

What is e-docs? Can I find my room that way ? thanks :)

When yo click onto Carnival.com, go to my reservation. If you are not already registared, register, then when your trip comes up click on view docs. Print them out. Print page 5 and about 6 of page 10. Page 5 is the sign and sail card authorization. page 10 is luggage tags.

When yo click onto Carnival.com, go to my reservation. If you are not already registared, register, then when your trip comes up click on view docs. Print them out. Print page 5 and about 6 of page 10. Page 5 is the sign and sail card authorization. page 10 is luggage tags.

THanks so much:)

I just found my room on the ship, and noticed it's on the lower level.

I always thought the worst rooms were on the lower level...any thoughts?

actually it depends. If you are in the center of the ship, you do not feel as much motion as at the front of the ship. But the higher you go, it seems to me the worse it gets. we were on deck 8, and the one night was terrible. You should not feel it too bad where you are. BUt let's pray for calm seas for all cruisers this next month or two.

You are Welcome! We got a nice upgrade on our Sept.24 Mircale Cruise out of NYC. We bought a guarantee 8A and ended up with a Category 8G Cabin#7204, Mid Ship on Verandah Deck and We are happy also. Wishing you Calm Seas and and a "Great Cruise" IKE

A midships cabin is good.

In rough weather, far forward cabins can experience motion from the pounding of the ship's bow in the surf... wham, wham, wham, wham, wham, wham, etc. Far aft cabins, especially lower decks, you can often hear/feel the engines.

Midships, even in the ship rocks forward to aft (and it doesn't usually), it will be pivoting around your cabin and you wont' feel much.

Archived