dining on the beach

hawgcruiser

We will be in Aruba on Saturday 9/12 from 1-11. We are doing the trikes tour which ends about 5:30 and would like to dine on the beach for dinner. Any recommendations on either Barefoot or Passions?

Both seem to have good reviews. Which would be closer to the port and what would taxi fare run to either location. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Went to Passions on the Beach at the Amsterdam Manor Hotel in January (2017). Really great experience at sunset.

We went to Eagle beach (where Passions in located) for the afternoon. Cleaned up enough for dinner at the beach shower and walked across the street to the Amsterdam Manor. They could not have been nicer allowing us to use the lobby restroom to change and were happy to let us leave our "beach stuff" in a corner of the lobby when we went to dinner.

Dinner with tables in the sand on Eagle beach is as good as it sounds! After dinner we went back to the lobby and collected our stuff. The office staff called us a cab that came in 5 minutes.

Great afternoon and evening.

My wife and I had dinner at Passions last may. Very romantic after the sun goes down. Food was great and they had a couple musicians playing electric violin. It was my wife's birthday and we loved the evening and would recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...
A really good Kiwanis friend of ours is taking us to West Deck near the port. I was told it is within walking distance. The website shows the cruise ship within site. The menu looks great.

We love West Deck. Yes, you can walk there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hattaris51, this year be our third year going to Aruba for two weeks, we will be there in August. We LOVE LOVE Aruba, the people, the food, the Tradewinds and being outside and never sweating, its the best island ever.

We been to a number of restaurants and our thoughts are:

Gianni's always decent Italian food, Pinchos wonderful grilled lobster , Aqua Grill always amazing, Barefoot a must always, Passions very good but prefer menu at Barefoot more, Flying Fishbone omgosh wonderful but too far, Daniels Steak horrible taste in our mouths after eating the steak never again, Sole Mare not good never again, Texas de Brazil a lot of decent food but a chain in the USA, The Kitchen Table by White excellent, The Restaurant at Tierra Del Sol wonderful views outdoor and food very very good, Yemanaja we all had different entrees and something wrong won't go back, Quinta Del Carmen won't go back but could been off day, Papillon very good.

This year we are thinking of trying and would. like your advice:

Amuse Bistro, Las Ramblas and Fishes & More and Chalet Suisse, Screaming Eagle, Altamar, Faro blanco and definitely going back to Barefoot, Aqua Grill twice, Papillon, Gianni's

Hi Hattaris51, this year be our third year going to Aruba for two weeks, we will be there in August. We LOVE LOVE Aruba, the people, the food, the Tradewinds and being outside and never sweating, its the best island ever.

We been to a number of restaurants and our thoughts are:

Gianni's always decent Italian food, Pinchos wonderful grilled lobster , Aqua Grill always amazing, Barefoot a must always, Passions very good but prefer menu at Barefoot more, Flying Fishbone omgosh wonderful but too far, Daniels Steak horrible taste in our mouths after eating the steak never again, Sole Mare not good never again, Texas de Brazil a lot of decent food but a chain in the USA, The Kitchen Table by White excellent, The Restaurant at Tierra Del Sol wonderful views outdoor and food very very good, Yemanaja we all had different entrees and something wrong won't go back, Quinta Del Carmen won't go back but could been off day, Papillon very good.

This year we are thinking of trying and would. like your advice:

Amuse Bistro, Las Ramblas and Fishes & More and Chalet Suisse, Screaming Eagle, Altamar, Faro blanco and definitely going back to Barefoot, Aqua Grill twice, Papillon, Gianni's

Wow, that is an impressive list! I'll admit, we tend to stick with our old favorites, and only manage to squeeze in maybe one new restaurant each trip. I completely agree with you about Passions, Flying Fishbone, and Quinta Del Carmen. I've never eaten at some of the ones that you mentioned. Chalet Suisse is one of our favorites. We go every year. My hubby chose it for his birthday this year. We went to Amuse Bistro back when they first opened near Playa Linda years ago, and really didn't like it. However, I've heard great things about it at it's new location. We consider going to Screaming Eagle every year, but just haven't made it. Instead of Sole Mare or Gianni's we go to Azzurro at Playa Linda every year. It is owned by the Gianni's group, and has beautiful ocean views. We love the pasta in the wheel. We also really like Ricardo's at Aruba Beach Club, Madame Janette's, Pinchos, and Barneys and West Deck for casual meals. Have fun!