Princess Cabin Reviews – NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

srice

Ship Regal

Class Royal

Deck Baja

Stateroom #B311

Category BB

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Starboard

Connects With Cabin # None

Accessible no

Quiet Yes

Balcony Size Normal (small)

View Excellent

Privacy Issues none

Wind Some mostly just breezy - and some splash from below

Soot none

Problems there was no Wifi in the room, only on the balcony

Comments The door was tucked into a corner since the larger cabins began next door, which forces the hallway to jog over and you had to get very close to see the number, but it felt more private that way. And overall it was small but with the beds pushed together, so not bad for us. I imagine if the beds were separated that would tighten up the space. Small refrig kept beverages cold, plenty of storage areas, larger wall mounted TV, in room movies, the MUTS shows were available the next day after they showed up on deck. This room was close to the stairs but far enough from the elevators that we didn't hear a thing.

From here it was an easy walk up four floors to the deck with the pool and Horizon buffets - or just as easy a walk down to access lower decks with the inside amenities.

Ship Caribbean Princess

Class Grand

Deck Baja

Cabin # 754

Category Balcony

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Aft (port side)

Connects With Cabin # n/a

Accessible no

Quiet Very quiet as there are staterooms above and below. As to be expected, there is noise from the wake when the balcony door is open, but very little noise when the door is closed. There is also some white noise hum of machinery when the door is open, but it is not obtrusive since the wake is louder.

Balcony Size Average. Comes with 2 chairs that partially recline and one small plastic table. No ottomans.

View Unobstructed wake view

Privacy Issues None. The balcony is very private as it is fully covered.

Wind Very little to none

Soot None

Problems This room is one room away from the galley vents on the back center of the ship. When out on the balcony, I did notice the faint smell of garbage during most of the trip. My partner was not aware that this was a known issue of the room and did not notice the smell at all. This did not stop me from using the balcony, but I would have probably spent more time out there had there been no odor. Additionally, the bathroom had a faint urine smell that would never go away, even with extra cleanings. I hope that Princess addresses that when the ship goes into dry dock this month.

Comments The view of the wake was really spectacular and hypnotic and the privacy was superb. So for me, the positives outweighed the smell of the vents. We booked a future cruise for the holidays, this time securing one of the corner aft balcony rooms on the Ruby (sister ship to the Caribbean). Hopefully being several rooms away from the vents will take care of the odor problem.

Here is the template to use for a cabin review. Please review the definitions in Posting 1.

The data will be transcribed to a spreadsheet located at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iJDFCtotsFNUvSNFzZ3LXomW95WX7R0svO7JhGRBvpo/edit?usp=sharing,

One method of using using this template is to

• click on “Quote” at the bottom right of this page
  • at the beginning of the text highlight and delete “

• at the end of the text highlight and delete “

• move the cursor to each question and enter your reply
  • click “Preview Post” and check your work
  • click “Submit Reply” when you are satisfied with your responses.

Thank you for your help.

Ship Royal

Class

Deck Caribe

Stateroom # C204

Category 1E

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Bow Port

Connects With Cabin #na

Accessible no

Quiet NO previous review by Pescado Amarillo about C203 mentioned the noise at show time from the Princess Theater. It sounded and felt as though the percussion was next door. This room would be fine for anyone who retires after 11pm. I requested earplugs.

Balcony Size na

View

Privacy Issues none

Wind na

Soot na

Problems excessive noise during show times.

Comments

Princess offered us a different room for the second of our B2B cruise.:D

Ship Coral Princess

Class Panamax

Deck Emerald

Stateroom #E624

Category BE

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Port

Connects With Cabin # N/A

Accessible No

Quiet Yes

Balcony Size Normal

View Normal---looking toward front of ship, you do see the lifeboats that this cabin is next to, but it isn't too distracting.

Privacy Issues None. Since the lifeboats are on one side, there is only one side with another balcony.

Wind No

Soot No

Problems No

Comments

Ship Island Princess

Class Panamax

Deck Fiesta

Stateroom #F721

Category OE

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern - Starboard Aft

Connects With Cabin #N/A

Accessible NO

Quiet NO - Located directly above a mechanical area, constant hum. Ok for a heavy sleeper, but not for a light sleeper

Balcony Size-N/A

View - Unobstructed

Privacy Issues - None

Wind - N/A

Soot - N/A

Problems - See Noise above, also will feel vibration when thrusters are in use

Comments - Cabin is one that was added in the last dry dock. The cabin is nice and has a better layout than the older cabins. Bed is along the aft wall instead of under the window (layout of furniture similar to a balcony cabin). The shower is the same size as the Royal/Regal staterooms, so larger than other cabins on ship. Room is right next to a housekeeping closet, but never heard any noise from it. It is also near the gym, again no noise from that.

• Like 1

Ship - Crown Princess

Class - Large0

Deck - Caribe

Cabin #214

Category - Balcony

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern

Port side Bow

Connects With Cabin # - none

Accessible - no

Quiet - yes

Balcony Size - over sized, partially covered

View - good

Privacy Issues - balcony is exposed and can be viewed from above and the bridge

Wind - some

Soot - none

Problems - cabin is worn, carpet needs repair, nicks in the furniture and pictures. Toilet should be replaced, extremely worn from scrubbing.

Comments - The bed needed to be repaired, sagged in the middle, not enough ac plugs, bathroom AC plug had problems.

Ship Regal Princess

Class Regal

Deck Lido

Cabin # L108

Category Club Class Mini Suite (obstructed)

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Bow, port side

Connects With Cabin # n/a

Accessible No

Quiet Noisy - from downstairs cabin balcony door opening - the door to M108.

Balcony Size Partially covered and HUGE.

View Excellent

Privacy Issues None ;)

Wind Unlike when we had L106, the wind was HORRIBLE on this corner aft balcony, which rendered it unusable for most of our sailing in March - Eastern Caribbean.

Soot not a problem

Problems Motion, motion, motion. IF I chose a forward facing balcony again, I would pick one in the center - when we had L106 - no issues with wind or motion.

Comments Would not book this cabin again. Bad experience.

Ship - Island Princess

Class

Deck - 5 (Plaza)

Stateroom # P620

Category Ocean View (Unobstructed)

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Port, Mid ship but closest to Stern

Connects With Cabin #

Accessible - No

Quiet - Surprisingly, yes. Some engine vibration (we found soothing) and thruster noise. No sounds at all from other rooms or decks.

Balcony Size

View - Low tugboat level :). Nice view of ocean.

Privacy Issues - None, unless you walk out of shower naked with a tug up close

Wind

Soot

Problems - shower head fell off halfway through cruise, but was quickly replaced.

Comments - lots of little storage spaces. Need to make use of under the bed. Do bring a power cord extension as there is only one outlet in room and one in bathroom. We had an extension cord and multi-USB port charger for electronics. DH could have used a nightlight for bathroom.

:)Ship: Royal Princess

Class: Royal

Deck: Lido

Stateroom L215 (sideways inside)

Category: IC, I think

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Forward, starboard

Connects With Cabin: No

Accessible: No

Quiet: Yes, for the most part

Balcony Size: Wishful thinking!

View: N/A

Privacy Issues: No

Wind: No

Soot: No

Problems: Take care as passersby can see directly into sleeping area when door is opened. Occasional unidentifiable clanking sound in night-time, but not bothersome. No sound from Retreat pool above except some slight noise during a Latin party night (only one of us heard it).

Comments: Excellent location on Lido, lots of storage, roomy in twin bed configuration; would get this cabin again in a heartbeat.

• 3 weeks later...

Ship: Star Princess

Class: Grand

Dec:k Emerald

Stateroom #: E111

Category: IF

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Bow

Connects With Cabin #: No

Balcony Size: No Balcony

View: None

Privacy Issues: No

Wind: : No

Problems: Upon arriving in every port, there was noise from the thrusters and anchor(s). One morning we were awake at 5 AM from the noise. When walking to our cabin also noticed some "machinery noise" about midship. Would not book an inside cabin on this deck again.

Comment:: This was about as far forward in the bow of the ship that one could be. We did notice some movement one night. However, we had a very calm sea on this trip.

Ship Island Princess

Class

Deck Caribe

Cabin # C230

Category

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Port

Connects With Cabin # No

Accessible No

Quiet No

Balcony Size Good

View Good

Privacy Issues None

Wind No

Soot No

Problems Yes

Comments At various times of the day and night, we heard rushing water. After several telephone calls found out that we were hearing discharge water from the Horizon Court dishwasher. If you like to sleep with the balcony door open to hear the water, this won't bother you. If you like a quiet cabin, better choose another cabin.

Ship - Island Princess

Class - Panamax

Deck - Emerald 8

Cabin #E737

Category - Balcony BE

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern - Starboard Stern

Accessible - No

Quiet - Yes

Balcony Size - Larger than standard for the category due to cabin extending to back of ship

View - Excellent, side and aft

Privacy Issues - None, very private, covered balcony, no visibility from balcony to/from aft open deck.

Wind - Yes

Soot - Occasionally

Problems - some vibrations in the evening

Comments - excellent balcony view to the side and aft, easy access to aft deck for viewing

Deck: Caribe

Stateroom #: C304

Category: BB

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: port, near fore elevators

Connects With Cabin #: N/A

Accessible: yes; cabin has ample space for two scooters; no steps into bathroom - there is a fold-down shower seat

Quiet: yes; even though it's next to the elevator lobby, we almost never heard any noise from outside

Balcony Size: 9 x 9 ? it's the big Caribe balcony - two chairs and a small table

View: unobstructed view, port side

Privacy Issues: none

Wind: no problems

Soot: no

Problems: none

Comments

Ship Caribbean Princess

Class Grand

Deck Baja

Cabin # B419

Category BA

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Starboard Midship

Accessible No

Quiet Yes. The cabin is conveniently near the elevators, but not so near that you get noise from the elevators or other passengers.

Balcony Size 5'x9' (Standard size--I didn't measure)

View Unobstructed

Privacy Issues None, although I could see down into balconies on decks below

Wind I took a Transatlantic cruise so there was always wind. The wind varied by the course of the ship. Most of the time, wind was not a problem, but a couple of times the wind was heavy.

Soot None

Problems I had no problems with anything in the cabin.

Comments Cabin B419 may be close to the perfect balcony cabin. It was very quiet, with no noise from elevators or decks above or below. Depending on the wind, I sometimes could smell hamburgers from the Salty Dog a couple of decks above, but the smell wasn't strong or unpleasant. The cabin was a perfect location for a Transatlantic cruise--midships on Deck 11. There was no vibration of any kind, and I felt less ship's movement in the cabin than in other parts of the ship.

Ship Ruby Princess

Class

Deck Baja

Stateroom # 601

Category BB

STARBOARD

Connects With Cabin- NONE

Accessible No

Quiet for the most part. When the water was rough I could hear engine noises.

Balcony Size unknown. Fully Covered - great privacy

View forward, aft

Privacy Issues Private

Wind Little

Soot None

Problems Small bathroom, small shower

Comments Good cabin. No staterooms across from cabin (Crew area). Next to "exit" sign so it has a good sign to locate the cabin.

Edited by damiross
add formatting, clarify answer

• 2 weeks later...

Ship: Regal Princess

Class: Royal

Deck: Dolphin

Stateroom #: D726

Category: S3

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Port Aft

Quiet: Yes.

Balcony Size: HUGE. Partially covered. Wrap-around from port side to aft. IIRC it's 150+ sq. ft.

View: Amazing aft wake views.

Privacy Issues: Partially covered balcony means people on Caribe deck can look down onto your balcony.

Wind: None on the aft side. Normal winds on the port side.

Soot: Yes, a slow and gradual build up of soot over a week-long cruise.

Problems: Minor inconvenience of soot. Wife mentioned vibrations a few times during our week-long cruise. I chalked it up to her being over sensitive as she came from an earthquake prone area.

Comments: Great balcony. One of the largest balcony on a ship where most balconies are unusable. Cabin is close to the aft bank of elevators and stairs. Only 2 decks up from Promenande meant no elevator traffic jams (used stairs). We liked the layout of this cabin, as the "bedroom" is separated from the "living room." If you want/like an open floor like those in mid-ship suites, avoid all S3 cabins on Royal-class ships. Regal's suites already had the new Princess Luxury beds and they were dreamy.

• 3 weeks later...

Ship: Crown Princess

Deck: Emerald

Stateroom #: E321

Category: Obstructed

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Starboard, Forward/ midships

Quiet: yes; very

Balcony Size: N/A

View: unobstructed view of lifeboats, but I could take photos to the far left & right, which if cropped were acceptable

Comments

Shower tiny

I would imagine many will tell you that it will be horrible due to noise from MUTS and chair scraping, etc. However, we did 15 days in A408 (same warnings of horrible stuff) and had a great cruise with absolutely no noise issues. Many may tell you not to book the cabin. I'd book it and not worry at all.

Maybe we got really lucky but... Like I said, we had no issues.

I would imagine many will tell you that it will be horrible due to noise from MUTS and chair scraping, etc. However, we did 15 days in A408 (same warnings of horrible stuff) and had a great cruise with absolutely no noise issues. Many may tell you not to book the cabin. I'd book it and not worry at all.

Maybe we got really lucky but... Like I said, we had no issues.

Thank you for getting back to me. We are pretty easy folks so we will only put positive words out there and I am sure we will be fine! Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Deck: Aloha

Stateroom #: A710

Category: balcony

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: port/aft

Quiet: yes, did not hear any noise from Horizon Court.

Balcony Size: N/A

View: unobstructed great views

Comments

the room did have some vibration. But then so did the whole ship