Want to decorate the outside of our room door...Carnival Miracle

Carol burnet

Which all the magnets, tape and sticking stuff (yes the ones that apparently leave no residue) over time, eventually mark the doors, I wish they would ban this practice. And for me I think it's annoying and totally unnecessary.

Please review Carnivals FAQ for guidelines on decorating your door.

While some ships really don't enforce the rule I think the Miracle is one that does strictly enforced the rules.

I don't go all out like some of my friends but if people continue to break the rules, Carnival will eventually ban the practice.

While some ships really don't enforce the rule I think the Miracle is one that does strictly enforced the rules.

The Miracle doesn't enforce the rule.

We were on the Miracle last month and there were doors decorated. Someone even had a magnetic poster on the wall next to the cabin. The housekeeping mgr. for the deck was always on the floor and she didn't seem to care about the door decorations..

Which all the magnets, tape and sticking stuff (yes the ones that apparently leave no residue) over time, eventually mark the doors, I wish they would ban this practice. And for me I think it's annoying and totally unnecessary.

I disagree. I find door decorations quite fun.

I enjoy decorating my door. It is quirky but mostly when walking down that long hall to your room it is so easy to spot. Few have employed the practice on my recent cruises but this doesn't deter me. I have not found the doors to be magnetic but I could be wrong. I used that sticky tacky stuff that teachers use that comes right off (sometimes too soon). No, it doesn't leave a residue. It's a little harmless fun.

Don't remember if the doors were magnetic, but we have done the doors 3 of our 5 cruises. 2 were with the grand kids. I purchased what I thought was fun and tasteful and they decorated. Then there was a little girl about 4 who loved our door and wanted hers done. So we gave her the rest of the items. we even used some of those gummy things you can find for the windows and used them. was fun. Alot of people liked it. Go for it.

I used that sticky tacky stuff that teachers use that comes right off (sometimes too soon). No, it doesn't leave a residue. It's a little harmless fun.

Yes, it does. You can't see it but over time dust and dirt collect on surface where it was placed.

Yes, magnetic, and yes you can..but why? Do you decorate your hotel doors?

When traveling in large groups-sometimes yes. I take it you've never been in a hotel where a sports team or high school club was also in attendance.

Besides ships are more similar to all-inclusives, not hotels. And some of those decorate your door before you even arrive!

Sincerely, always decorate our door so family and friends can easily find us.

we even used some of those gummy things you can find for the windows and used them. was fun. Alot of people liked it. Go for it.

Please don't use these. I spend a fortune recently to have my wood front door refinished because of some Christmas clings. They bleed and leave behind residue. Like the sticky tack you don't see it when you remove the item but over time it becomes covered with dust and dirt.

Please don't use these. I spend a fortune recently to have my wood front door refinished because of some Christmas clings. They bleed and leave behind residue. Like the sticky tack you don't see it when you remove the item but over time it becomes covered with dust and dirt.

...... and you can be charged for the damage these gel stickers cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I say let your creative juices direct door decorations to your hearts content. I enjoy walking down a hall and admiring the spirit people bring in decorating an otherwise drab area. I try to put up an attraction poster or lobby card for a film dealing with a cruise. I use gaffer's tape as it holds well and removes easily. Too easily it seems, I lost a "Titanic" poster on one voyage.

Yes, magnetic, and yes you can..but why? Do you decorate your hotel doors?
You know as well as anyone that cruise ships aren't the same as hotels. A totally different experience. Do you enjoy doing things that others don't? Why?

Yes, it does. You can't see it but over time dust and dirt collect on surface where it was placed.

Like the sticky tack you don't see it when you remove the item but over time it becomes covered with dust and dirt.
I've been using sticky tack for decades. Oftentimes for years on the same spots on the same walls. I've never had problems with unsightly leftover marks. It really isn't that bad. We're talking about a small handful of doors out of thousands and only being left on for a relatively short period of time. If someone uses it on their door for a few days, the odds of someone else doing it again on that same door anytime soon are too low to make a difference.

I'm curious how someone decorating their door can be annoying to you. I've never done it but it looks fun to me. But then I'm sure someone else could find some of the things you do annoying and unnecessary too.

You know as well as anyone that cruise ships aren't the same as hotels. A totally different experience. Do you enjoy doing things that others don't? Why?

I've been using sticky tack for decades. Oftentimes for years on the same spots on the same walls. I've never had problems with unsightly leftover marks. It really isn't that bad. We're talking about a small handful of doors out of thousands and only being left on for a relatively short period of time. If someone uses it on their door for a few days, the odds of someone else doing it again on that same door anytime soon are too low to make a difference.

While our experience with sticky tack has been different, bottom line, it is against Carnival rules. So my opinion has nothing to do with if it should be used or not. My first post on this thread recommend reading Carnivals rules. Eventually Carnival will use the rules being broken or too difficult to enforce as a reason to ban door decorations altogether.

While our experience with sticky tack has been different, bottom line, it is against Carnival rules. So my opinion has nothing to do with if it should be used or not. My first post on this thread recommend reading Carnivals rules. Eventually Carnival will use the rules being broken or too difficult to enforce as a reason to ban door decorations altogether.
In defense of those who do use sticky tack, Carnival's rules aren't all that clear. So I wouldn't say that it's definitively against the rules. According to Carnival:

• You may use magnets and Command Strips but no adhesives such as tape or glue that may leave a residue

Sticky tack is much closer to the material on Command Strips than it is to tape and glue.

His reaction made me think that perhaps all the cutesy door decorations Carnival passengers are so in love with are actually a complete PITA for the stewards. I'll never put my own up and, considering his reaction, I no longer support the practice.
Do you know how many things guests do that are complete PITA for stewards, or any housekeeping service anywhere for that matter? Bottom line, Carnival allows it as long as passengers follow their guidelines.