Conquest April 15th anniversary cruise review

krisbtr

My husband and I got off the cruise yesterday :( and I thought I would share some highlights.

We flew into Fort Laudederdale the day before, and stayed at the holiday inn express on 17th street. Nice hotel, close to the port and has a shuttle for $8 per person. We bought FTTF (before the price increase) and was on the ship before noon, our luggage arrived shortly.

This is our 6th cruise, but our first out of Florida. We usually sail from our homport, NOLA, but wanted to see some more exotic islands. We stayed in a balcony on the lido deck and absolutely loved it. We were so close to almost everything. The conquest is just the right size for us, big enough to alleviate the crowd, but not mega sized.

Our first couple of days were rough seas! The wind was brutal, and really rocked that boat. Luckily we had taken bonine a couple of days before, so that really helped. It did calm down as we got close to Grand Turk.

Grand Turk was beautiful. We walked past the crowds to Jack's Shack and it did not disappoint. Very few people, strong drinks, and cracked conch...loved it!

La Romana, it was raining, and we didn't really like anything that was offered. We got off and shopped a bit, then returned to enjoy an almost empty ship.

Aruba, we took a cab to eagle beach for a few hours, returned to eat dinner, then walked around town

Curaçao was beautiful as well. We took a tour of the island, stopped at a beach for a couple of hours, then toured downtown. Loved walking over the floating bridge!

We also did the chef's table for our anniversary...was worth every penny. It was a one of a kind evening.

Having FTTF, we were the first off the ship and was able to secure a much earlier flight home. Was able to get on a 7:45 flight instead of our original 12:20.

The crew on this cruise was one of the best. Always a smile and hello, our steward, Puntra was a delight. We had early dining and our wait team knew our names and preferences by the second night. Shout out to bartenders at the blue iguana, Arif and Roger, also Katherine in the aft pool bar.

We did purchase cheers, which, for an 8 night cruise was quite a hit to the pocketbook. It was well worth it. We had specialty coffees very day, sparkling water, cappuccinos after dinner, as well as many specialty drinks.

All in all, this was one of the best cruises I have been on. It was relaxing, fun, and a great way to spend my 30th anniversary

Congratulations on your Anniversary! We, too, loved the Conquest size-wise. We'll be on a 5 day next month, but have cruised her & her sister ship, Glory, a few times. She's the perfect size for us.

We were on this cruise also and also had a great time. In the Dominican Republic we took the Catalina Island excursion and missed the rain you wrote about. It was a nice beach and partly cloudy but still plenty of sun for us. I loved all the ports and I agree the ship is the perfect size. I have been on the Conquest before and I do miss the specialty restaurants-Cucina and JiJis and also the serenity deck/pool area so will be back on the Sunshine next spring. Happy 30th!