Is Remy worth it?

purplechic7106

Seems super fussy to me and honestly the guys in our group don't really want to pack sports coats. We are total foodies and appreciate fine dining, just wondering if Palo fits the bill just fine since we are booked there as well? Do we fight the good fight with the guys, or pick another battle? Thanks all!

I've always equated Palo to a better than average Italian restaurant. A good meal, but nothing to write home about.

Remy is amazing, and since you say that you appreciate fine dining, I don't know why you would skip it. If the guys are being babies about packing a jacket and tie, then just go without them - problem solved.

Seems super fussy to me and honestly the guys in our group don't really want to pack sports coats. We are total foodies and appreciate fine dining, just wondering if Palo fits the bill just fine since we are booked there as well? Do we fight the good fight with the guys, or pick another battle? Thanks all!

I've always equated Palo to a better than average Italian restaurant. A good meal, but nothing to write home about.

Remy is amazing, and since you say that you appreciate fine dining, I don't know why you would skip it. If the guys are being babies about packing a jacket and tie, then just go without them - problem solved.

We fully agree! Skipping Remy on a Disney cruise is like missing out on a terrific dessert after dinner.

My wife and I differ slightly on Remy. She loves the Champaign Brunch only available on sea days. I'd go for the dinner!

Ha ha ha ha!!! Ok then we'll keep our reservation. Thanks, really appreciate your perspective! :) My husband is a former chef, so I'd hate for him to miss out over a sport coat. LOL.

Palo is a fine quality Northern Italian restaurant. It is nice, and is the sort of place that I might go in my medium sized city for a special occasion. It is nothing totally special, but is nice.

Remy is a food experience. It is way lot more than a meal. If you are a foodie, it is right up there. And it is about half the cost of doing it at V&A at WDW (which is the only restaurant that is comparable that I have experience with).

Dress code at Remy, so yes, he will need a jacket.

The DCL website states that the dress code is: Men: Dress pants with jacket (sports or suit jacket) is required—ties are optional. Women: A dress, cocktail dress, pantsuit or skirt/blouse is required. No jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes.May 15, 2015

I was going to correct you about leaving the jackets at home, but then I realized you meant go without the babies, I mean men! And I agree with you.

I wholeheartedly agree that if you're a foodie, then Remy is a must not miss. It is a true dining experience.

Remy is a great experience esp for the price. And they definitely

Enforce the dress code. My wife wore dressy sandals under a long dress and they wouldn't let her in. They pulled out a pair of heels

For her to wear. I did also see a couple of ties and a sports coat in the closet for men that came without

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another option is to surprise the guys by renting a casual suit for them (or even a tux). It will be delivered to the stateroom for you. I always rent a tux when I go on a New Year's Eve sailing. Seamless process. It would be a great surprise for them to not have to pack the jacket and then still get to go to Remy. Note it's not all sailing locations though. https://cruiselineformal.com/cf_pages/packages.php?c=dcl

Remy is a great experience esp for the price. And they definitely

Enforce the dress code. My wife wore dressy sandals under a long dress and they wouldn't let her in. They pulled out a pair of heels

For her to wear. I did also see a couple of ties and a sports coat in the closet for men that came without

Whoa, seriously?!? I'm so glad I read this as I think we'll be skipping Remy. Neither one of us wears heels and certainly won't buy them for a dinner. I get no beach flip flops but I've never heard of a restaurant not allowing dressy sandals and requiring heels!

My mouth is agape lol. I've heard of restaurants keeping a courtesy jacket for men but shoes is a new one! How does that even work? Do they have every size or you're just expected to Cinderella your foot into whatever they have.

They should really state no sandals in their dress code then IMHO. That's a very different thing than no flip-flops.

Edited by pixiestyx

I've never had a problem with dressy sandals at Palo or Remy....but there was no way that those sandals looked like flip flops (which are forbidden by the dress code). They have a small heel ( 1/2 inch max) and a strap across the heel area as well as the thinner, decorative straps over the instep. So, I can't just step into them as one does with a flip flop--they must be fastened.

I have many pairs of what used to be work shoes with 1 inch heels in my closet. Those are too high at this point in my life.

But I am curious as to how they would handle my daughter (adult). She'd probably go without her braces so that she could wear a more dressy shoe...but a heel of any sort is impossible. It would have to be a closed flat. That gives no support, but she'd be sitting the entire time. Good thing she's not a foodie! She likes Palo but has no interest in Remy.

Edited by moki'smommy

My wife has always worn black flats with her dressy slacks and blouses for Remy on both Fantasy and Dream. She has not worn high heels since we were married! These are the very same outfits she wears to Victoria and Albert's at WDW.

I've never had a problem with dressy sandals at Palo or Remy....but there was no way that those sandals looked like flip flops (which are forbidden by the dress code). They have a small heel ( 1/2 inch max) and a strap across the heel area as well as the thinner' date=' decorative straps over the instep. So, I can't just step into them as one does with a flip flop--they must be fastened.

I have many pairs of what used to be work shoes with 1 inch heels in my closet. Those are too high at this point in my life.

But I am curious as to how they would handle my daughter (adult). She'd probably go without her braces so that she could wear a more dressy shoe...but a heel of any sort is impossible. It would have to be a closed flat. That gives no support, but she'd be sitting the entire time. Good thing she's not a foodie! She likes Palo but has no interest in Remy.[/quote']

I thought the same thing. I have Spina Bifida and cannot wear anything romotely heeled. It also has to have a strap, otherwise, I walk right out of them. I would be very upset if they turned me away based on my flat shoewear. :mad:

I thought the same thing. I have Spina Bifida and cannot wear anything romotely heeled. It also has to have a strap, otherwise, I walk right out of them. I would be very upset if they turned me away based on my flat shoewear. :mad:

Yeah, my first thought was that she should go with her braces. She has 2 pairs of shoes that work with them--a tennis shoe type and one that looks like a low boot. Of course she hides the braces under pants....and I dare them to turn her away. The alternative is to use the wheelchair, in which case she can wear what she wants as she wouldn't be walking....but she equally hates that. It is really a "no win" situation.

My husband also hates the sports coat, but will do whatever I ask him to :) It was the most amazing meal I've had on the ship. One of us had the menu created by the French chef, the other the American and we were able to try all 7+ courses by both chefs! We won't miss it next time...

My husband also hates the sports coat, but will do whatever I ask him to :) It was the most amazing meal I've had on the ship. One of us had the menu created by the French chef, the other the American and we were able to try all 7+ courses by both chefs! We won't miss it next time...

I believe that Remy does provide a complimentary coat for those that don't have one (no sense turning away an upcharge and all). Simply take the complimentary coat, walk in and wear it or not. Easy. I happen to wear one more than one night and quite enjoy it, but there really isn't a reason to pack one for a one night dinner.

• 5 weeks later...

If you're a foodie, it's absolutely worth it. I'm a total food snob, and was very impressed with our meal and whole dining experience. I believe I heard Remy is the only restaurant on a cruise ship that has a Michelin star. Not to be missed.

• 1 month later...
Suit without tie is ok at Remy? I read for woman sandals aren't. I was planning on black sandals with rhinestones now thinking do I need my fancier shoes for Remy?

The definitions of "sandal" at Remy is not the same as my definition. It is totally up to the management. The most dressy I get is a black leather sandal which is obviously intended as a dress shoe, It has never been questioned anywhere. I really think the "no sandals" statement is so they can reject things that look like they belong on a beach. On the other hand, I suppose the manager can reject at his discretion.

Suit without tie is ok at Remy? I read for woman sandals aren't. I was planning on black sandals with rhinestones now thinking do I need my fancier shoes for Remy?

A tie is not required. Only a jacket (for men). I'll defer the answer on sandals to others.