Princess Line drinks package costs?

LSWRArt

I found a review that said soft drinks package was US$7.50 per day, but I believe they also do a package for alcoholic drinks. Any idea how much this costs versus cost of buying G&T?

(Golden Princess to Alaska)

Thanks, Art

I've just gone teetotal :eek:

I reckon it is about 6 or so alcoholic drinks per day to make the AIBP package justifiable, and that doesn't include drinks

for your cabin.

I guess you can see why Princess are keen not to allow you to bring much alcohol on board.

The AIBP includes ALL drinks up to AUD14. Some will infer it is an alcohol package. It's not. You do not need to drink just alcohol but can mix it up with soda (canned), specialty coffee, bottles of water etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The AIBP includes gratuities and is good for any drink up USD $10. A single gin & tonic costs from $5.00 (House gin) to $8.00 (Hendrick's), plus a mandatory 15% gratuity.

Use the attached AIBP Evaluator to figure out if it's worth it to you.

Remember also twice per day - afternoon and night, the exact times vary on different ships - there is a 'Happy Hour' with Buy One Get One For A Dollar (BOGO). This is especially good for beer drinkers because they will give you unopened bottles in a 'take-away' case you can stock your fridge with.

Princess Beverage Package Evaluator rev3 posted 02-11-2017.xls

Edited by Bill B

• 3 months later...

Hi Bill, Looking at your calculator - I don't see where the gratuity is factored in. Its included in the AIBP price but it isn't in the total price without package calculation which means the comparison isn't valid. The total price without package should be multiplied by 1.15 (assuming a 15% gratuity). Otherwise - a great help! We used it (with the change above) to make our decision on AIBP or not. Thanks.

Hi Bill, Looking at your calculator - I don't see where the gratuity is factored in. Its included in the AIBP price but it isn't in the total price without package calculation which means the comparison isn't valid. The total price without package should be multiplied by 1.15 (assuming a 15% gratuity). Otherwise - a great help! We used it (with the change above) to make our decision on AIBP or not. Thanks.

That is the only "down side" to the calculator. It does not include the 15% mandatory tip if you do not do the AIBP. It just helps you determine if the drink package makes sense to you.

I find that we do not drink steady for an entire cruise. Some days we drink more than others, but the convenience of paying up front and not having to think about the extra cost is why we do the AIBP. Also, coffee and water are included. I drink 2 coffees per day and at least 2 water bottles per day. I know ship water tastes fine but I always take one with me in port and try to keep one in my room in the evening. Ship water does not taste good to me at room temperature, while bottled water tastes fine to me at room temp. At meals I take the tap water they provide.

Oh and you also get canned soda with the AIBP which to me tastes better than fountain soda, which is what you get with the soda and more package.

The cost of the AIBP is US$57.45/pp/day. This cost includes the gratuity. The package is good for all beverages menu priced (price before gratuity) $10 and under. That means if the menu price is $10 it is included in the package. You do not have to add the gratuity to figure out if the drink is included or excluded. The spreadsheet is accurate as presented. No gratuity needs to be added.