cabin ?

jcool

If you get a cabin for three people do you need to tell them that the third person is not coming? And if I do not tell them do I need to pay the tipping for three people? I do not mine if they move my cabin for the some price but if I have to pay more it makes no since to tell them.

I think you should let them know. They will have the pullout bed ready and it is a pain to put it back/extra work for room steward. Also, the room steward usually gets tips for 3 in that room. I doubt they will move you, but it's good for them to know. In addition, if you tell Carnival, you won't have to pay port charges for the no show.

If you get a cabin for three people do you need to tell them that the third person is not coming? And if I do not tell them do I need to pay the tipping for three people? I do not mine if they move my cabin for the some price but if I have to pay more it makes no since to tell them.

They won't "Force" you to move and then charge you more

The answer to this depends on what rate code you booked, when you are cruising and the current price of the cruise.

Example: You booked past guest, the cruise is 90 days from now and the current price is about the same as when you booked. Cancel the cruise and rebook.

Example: You booked past guest, the cruise is 90 days from now and the current price for two is more than paid for original booking of 3. Let #3 be a no show. Tips, taxes, port fee are all refunded.

Example: you book Early Saver, the cruise is 90 days from now and the current price is about the same as when you booked. Changes are $50 per person so account for that $100 if you cancel and rebook.

The above are just three examples. The variables are endless. The closer to the cruise the harsher the penalties. At 14 days prior to cruise the penalty is 100% so no advantage to canceling.

Yet another factor is insurance. You need to make sure to follow insurance guidelines in order to make a claim.

You will be best served by calling Carnival asking for a supervisor as sometime CSR are not as knowledgeable as they should be or by calling your TA if you used one to book.

Please be aware that if you cancel the third person and they receive a refund of their purchase price or part of it, the remaining two will be charged for the cabin at a rate for two in the cabin and the price will increase on those two - carnival divides the cost by the number of persons in the room, when in actuality the cost of the room is for two with a third added at a reduced rate (usually $295) so the rate for the remaining two will go up.