Seattle Hotel info?

Just got a fantastic (I think) price on Hotwire for the Summerfield Suites/Pike Place. Anyone have any information about the location or hotel itself?

Thanks

Marilyn

Looks like you are about 8 blocks from Pike Market which is a great place to shop in Seattle. It is right on the waterfront, famous for fresh fish (they literally throw the fish around), fabulous fresh fruits and flowers and all types of things. Go on line and find their web site. All around that area are great restaurants, the aquarium. And if you are cruising, you are close to the docks. I think you found yourself a great location. gg

We will be doing a 3 day cruise out of Seattle on Celebrity in September. If I want to use Priceline, can I stipulate an area close to the pier (i.e. pier 66)? I'm also wondering if we should just go for any 3 star hotel, then arrange for a shuttle to the pier. We are flying in the day before, and will arrive mid afternoon. We would appreciate suggestions from anyone who has done the cruise or knows the area. Thanks in advance, Kathy

Thanks for the info on Summerfield, I think I did great. Got it for an unbelievable price.

Check out http://www.biddingfortravel.com if you want to use priceline. They have valuable information about how to bid and what's coming back in all the different areas. I had tried it several times and couldn't hit on anything. Found a better deal on Hotwire.com

If you want details, feel free to email me.

Msbyrdy@aol

Marilyn

• 5 weeks later...

:confused: Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has stayed at the Comfort Suites on Roy Street for the one day we have in Seattle before our cruise . Some members of our group will want to go down to Pikes Market, others want to shop. A good choice?

TIA,

Kathy

We just stayed there recently and also went to Pike's Market from there. First the rooms are ordinary but the breakfast is VERY good, including fresh waffles you make yourself.

You are not really walking distance to anything except the Space Needle. You will need to take a cab (about $8-9) to Pike's though the hotel has a shuttle service for free (but you need to sign up as early as you can because it fills up). We took it one day to Pioneer Square and did just fine, scheduling a pickup later. But we also had the hotel call us a cab which came very quick for trips to Pikes, etc.

Dan

I've stayed there for a Girl Scout event because the Girl Scout office is a block away. Nothing to write home about but a good basic hotel--the Hampton Inn near there is about the same and both tend to be about the best price you can find that close to downtown. There's a bus stop a block to the north (on Valley Street) or two blocks to the west (on 5th Avenue) that will take you downtown for $1.50, if you the one on Valley Street. Buses can be crowded during rush hour but they stop right by the shopping district and within a couple of blocks of Pike Place Market. Ditto what dbertell said about only being within walking distance of the Space Needle/Seattle Center (although if you want to go to Experience Music Project or the SciFi Museum, those are both by the space needle too).

Kathy, no, Nordstrom's is not a short walk from the Comfort Suites--Comfort Suites is near Seattle Center (north of downtown) and the nearest Nordstrom is on 5th & Pine, in downtown next to Westlake Center.

Thanks for the info Calikak. Looks like we will be taking taxis that day. Kathy

If you are staying at the Comfort Suites near the Seattle Center, I won't catch a taxi downtown, I would jump on Metro. Metro is our bus service and it is very easy to use. If you walk a few blocks to 5th Avenue, you can then catch a #3, 4 or 16 to downtown and it will cost between $1.25-$1.50 per person. As the front desk at the hotel. Coming back you catch the same buses on 3rd Avenue or if you don't mind walking it is probably about a 15-30 minute walk.

http://transit.metrokc.gov/

Archived