Visiting different houses/ little whitehouse question

sandravb79

We'll be a half day (morning) in Key West, and I was wondering: is it possible to visit the Hemingway house, Little White House, etc without going on a tour? I mean, are they easy to reach (can you walk there), or is it first like 1 hour on a bus and do we have to book a tour through teh cruise line?

We'd much rather prefer doing it on our own, only if transportation is an issue we'll have to book a tour.

Thanks a lot!

Absolutely doable on your own.

Whitehead St will be on your right perpendicular to Front St as you stand with your back to the front of the Customs House, a large all red brick building that houses the Key West Art and Historical Society. You will see Mel Fisher's Museum on the right and just past that are the gates to The Little White House, after you leave The Little White House, turn right and walk further down Whitehead St (about 6 blocks) and you will see The Hemingway Home on your left and the Key West Lighthouse on your right.

It is an easy stroll and should be no problem at all.

Mike:)

I have been to Key West a number of times and found the visit to the Hemingway House to be one of my favorite experiences. We walked over to the house and I seem to remember that the entrance ticket came with a tour, which was very interesting and worthwhile.

I'd definitely recommend it and hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Linda

Archived