does carnival charge the same for kids as adults?

twentyknots

I noticed that on the carnival website that they ask for number of passengers without asking if any are children as some other cruise companies do. I assume then that every pasenger in the cabin pays the same regardless of age.

kids are same as adults. Having said that, the rate for the 3rd and 4th Passenger (kids or adults) in a cabin is generally quite a bit less than for the 1st and 2nd passengers (kids or adults). ken

I noticed that on the carnival website that they ask for number of passengers without asking if any are children as some other cruise companies do. I assume then that every pasenger in the cabin pays the same regardless of age.

I went into my book everything site and plugged in 2 adults and a 3 year old. The third passenger was about half the rate of the adults.

yep- even a 2 year old will pay the going rate if they are in a room with one other person.

Prices will come down for the 3rd/4th passenger in the same cabin

I went into my book everything site and plugged in 2 adults and a 3 year old. The third passenger was about half the rate of the adults.

right it doesnt matter what age the 3rd or 4th, or even 5th passenger is. They pay a discounted rate to share a cabin.

If it was one adult and one three year old, they would both pay full fare for pax 1 and 2.

right it doesnt matter what age the 3rd or 4th, or even 5th passenger is. They pay a discounted rate to share a cabin.

If it was one adult and one three year old, they would both pay full fare for pax 1 and 2.

I just logged on to carnival's website and checked rates for the Fantasy in July and answered 3 travelers. The total was 3 times the cabin rate. No discount for 3rd passenger.

I just logged on to carnival's website and checked rates for the Fantasy in July and answered 3 travelers. The total was 3 times the cabin rate. No discount for 3rd passenger.

the regular site AVERAGES the three rates. I know its dumb, but carnival doesnt show the true rates on their main site. Either you need to use fareviewer to get the prices or use a TA site to get the real prices.

The 3rd rate is 99% of the time discounted .. you just arent looking at the true rate.

Try booking the same cruise for only two people and you will see what the true price is for pax 1 and 2.

the regular site AVERAGES the three rates. I know its dumb, but carnival doesnt show the true rates on their main site. Either you need to use fareviewer to get the prices or use a TA site to get the real prices.

The 3rd rate is 99% of the time discounted .. you just arent looking at the true rate.

Try booking the same cruise for only two people and you will see what the true price is for pax 1 and 2.

I don't know why they do it that way, but Fire is correct.

I liked CCL's site when they showed you the 3rd and 4th passenger rates instead of just averaging all the folks in the cabins rates. A child also costs as much as an adult-airlines don't discount fares for kids any more either over 2 yrs of age so it is to be expected on cruises too. (A child under 2 can fly on your lap as a free child fare on most airlines but if you want a seat for the child it's also full fare.)

there is a discounted rate for seniors, however, so not every body costs the same :)

senior rate starts at age 55. For our upcoming cruise that rate was 3.00 cheaper

July is high peak family sailing time. Plug in for two people same category and see what the difference is.

To get a significantly reduced rate on kids, sometimes you need to look at some cruise lines which you may not necessarily associate with being kid friendly.

We are sailing on Holland America in September. Our son will be almost 2. His fare is a big fat $0! :D

there is a discounted rate for seniors, however, so not every body costs the same :)

if one person in the cabin is a senior, the whole cabin is charged at the senior rate .. including the senior 3rd rate.

just like if there is a TX rate, only one person has to live in TX.

Our first Carnival cruise was for our 10th anniversary, and we brought the kids. One was 3 1/2 , the other was 8 months old and still nursing. They each cost the same amount as any other 3rd and 4th passinger.

We sail in 20 days!!YEa me...But back to the OP...

My DD and her hubby and my grandson are in an inside cabin, we all

booked back in September of last year.

Their rate was 779pp 1st and 2nd person. They had to pay 599 for my grandson!!! He will only be 11 months old when we sail. I would say figure MORE than 1/2 the price for passengers 1 and 2!

Archived