Sea Days

nb125

FO seem to have a lot more sea days than other cruise lines so I am wondering what it like on board. On our other cruises on RCI and HAl sea days were very crowded. Is this the case on FO or is it possible to find quiet spots to relax and is it very crowded in the buffet at lunchtime?

Depends on climate. If everybody is inside then it seems busier than when lots of people are round the pool or sunbathing.

We would never ever describe a Fred sea day as crowded, unlike some P and O and Thomson cruises that I would describe as busy.

As I recall, and we had around 8 sea days on a Boudicca cruise recently, we never had to wait for a table in the buffet.

Just remember RCI can not be compared with Fred, HAL on the other hand I would say are very similar to Fred, albeit the ships are larger.

I love sea days on Fred. Olsen ships. I recently sailed on "Balmoral" from Southampton to Newfoudland (5 days) and enjoyed them all. The sea was smooth and the sun shone. I swam in the pool daily and found so much to do. If the weather is bad it can be more restricted but there are always plenty of things of interest to do on board.

Don't forget Dolphin Racing, my absolute favourite.

Try explaining that to the High Tech, Climbing Wall, Belly Flop passengers of the other larger Cruise Lines.

For posters yet to participate in Dolphin Racing, your in for a thrill.

Well maybe not but that's what Fred is all about........

We cruise with other lines so I am not a Fred cheer leader......:-)

I love sea days on Fred. Olsen ships. I recently sailed on "Balmoral" from Southampton to Newfoudland (5 days) and enjoyed them all. The sea was smooth and the sun shone. I swam in the pool daily and found so much to do. .

Now that does sound like a nice cruise.

I hope that You enjoyed yourself, and Fred does seem to have got it right, and has a hugu repeat business.

Never been (yet) on a Fred olsen cruise, but look forward to it some day.

I would like to go to norway. I have been to Alaska a few times, and heard that the Cruises to norway are beautiful.

Scenic cruising in Norway is something Fred do very well, and just sitting in the observaton lounge looking out for whales in Northerly waters is very high on our list of likes. If in warmer waters I prefer to be on a sunbed on deck, but I am not sure how easy it is to find one on Fred ships - will find out soon though. A lot of sea days in temperate areas is not on our list of likes as we do not like 'entertainments' as understood by cruise lines, but sometimes the speakers give some interesting talks.

The main problem, from our point of view, is if there are a number of days together, like crossing the Atlantic and the weather is not suitable to sit out, but each to their own and there is plenty of choice in cruise itineraries for everyone.