Royal Princess -- What Excites You?

editor@cruisecritic

Royal Princess: What new features are you most excited about?  

446 members have voted

1. 1. Royal Princess: What new features are you most excited about?

• Sea Walk
    • TV Studio
    • Bellini's, an Italian-themed bar
    • Princess Live! entertainment venue
    • New casual eateries in Horizon Buffet, such as a taqueria, rotisserie & Japanese hibachi grill
    • Pastry Shop
    • Adult-Only Retreat Pool
    • Couples massage villas
    • Other (explain below).

Sorry, but a thread "Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?" was started last January by dmwnc1959. Dave has put a tremendous amount of effort into what has become the go to thread for info on Royal Princess and for all of us to express our thoughts on what we are looking forward to and what excites us. :(

In my opinion, it is a bit disrespectful for the editorial staff at Cruise Critic to detract from Dave's effort by starting a thread that asks essentially the same question. Sorry, but I'll continue to share my thoughts on what excites or doesn't excite me on Dave's thread.

What new-to-Princess features onboard the new Royal Princess most excite you? Please vote in our poll (multi-choice answers are okay) and feel free to share your thoughts below.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

The larger Piazza!:D

Hi, Bill. No disrespect intended. None whatsoever. Could you provide the link to Dave's thread here in this one so those of us who hadn't yet seen it can also check it out?

Carolyn

Sorry, but a thread "Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?" was started last January by dmwnc1959. Dave has put a tremendous amount of effort into what has become the go to thread for info on Royal Princess and for all of us to express our thoughts on what we are looking forward to and what excites us. :(

In my opinion, it is a bit disrespectful for the editorial staff at Cruise Critic to detract from Dave's effort by starting a thread that asks essentially the same question. Sorry, but I'll continue to share my thoughts on what excites or doesn't excite me on Dave's thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1766069

I suggest you check with Dave about incorporating the poll into his thread.

Personally I thought it was disrespectful of you to say this has been done. I hadn't seen a poll at all on Royal Princess and was glad to see one. I read a lot of what Dave did, but I didn't see a poll in there. Some people like to see statistics.

Personally I thought it was disrespectful of you to say this has been done. I hadn't seen a poll at all on Royal Princess and was glad to see one. I read a lot of what Dave did, but I didn't see a poll in there. Some people like to see statistics.
Perhaps disrespectful wasn't the right word, but I think the forum could have been checked before starting a new poll. In my time on CC, I have never seen a work the quality and magnitude of what Dave has done.

As far as previous polls, there has been at least one poll on the Royal Princess.

Royal Princess design: badly solsticized

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1594965&highlight=solstice

The results were:

Poll Results: Wrap-around promenade, front observation, aft pool, skywalkers, bow access are gone.

I do NOT like this. 178 80.91%

I like this. 42 19.09%

Voters: 220. This poll is closed

Perhaps disrespectful wasn't the right word, but I think the forum could have been checked before starting a new poll. In my time on CC, I have never seen a work the quality and magnitude of what Dave has done.

As far as previous polls, there has been at least one poll on the Royal Princess.

Royal Princess design: badly solsticized

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1594965&highlight=solstice

The results were:

Poll Results: Wrap-around promenade, front observation, aft pool, skywalkers, bow access are gone.

I do NOT like this. 178 80.91%

I like this. 42 19.09%

Voters: 220. This poll is closed

That poll only had two options! :rolleyes: I much prefer what cruise critic did for a poll. Dave didn't do a poll.

To : Carolyn Spencer Brown, Editor in Chief, Cruise Critic

We really like this poll and I hope others partake.

Hi, Bill. No disrespect intended. None whatsoever. Could you provide the link to Dave's thread here in this one so those of us who hadn't yet seen it can also check it out?

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn!!!

I think a visual poll to consolidate thoughts into a single graph, along with comments from those who may not have chimed in on the 'other' thread for private reasons, is a wonderful idea. :D

And no disrespect taken. I had chatted with Laura S previously and understand that we may be seeing a Countdown to Royal Princess thread as well? She had mentioned that it would somehow merge with the 'other' thread so that it doesn't get lost.

Either way, it's nice to see more people getting excited about the new flagship. We are only 68 days away from her leaving the shipyard. It's almost time to break out the champagne and streamers!!! ;)

Thanks, Dave! And your thread is magnificent....

Curious if you're seeing any of the same trends re what people are talking about on your thread in terms of what they're excited about, and what our readers have so far voted on in this poll. Are they the same things? Are there any radical differences? Would love your insights :)

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn!!!

I think a visual poll to consolidate thoughts into a single graph, along with comments from those who may not have chimed in on the 'other' thread for private reasons, is a wonderful idea. :D

And no disrespect taken. I had chatted with Laura S previously and understand that we may be seeing a Countdown to Royal Princess thread as well? She had mentioned that it would somehow merge with the 'other' thread so that it doesn't get lost.

Either way, it's nice to see more people getting excited about the new flagship. We are only 68 days away from her leaving the shipyard. It's almost time to break out the champagne and streamers!!! ;)

Thanks, Dave! And your thread is magnificent....

Curious if you're seeing any of the same trends re what people are talking about on your thread in terms of what they're excited about, and what our readers have so far voted on in this poll. Are they the same things? Are there any radical differences? Would love your insights :)

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn!

THANKS! :D

Of all the threads I have seen discussing Royal Princess (obstructed balconies, badly Solsticized, discontinued features, etc.) the only other one I can think of that discusses the positive aspects and things we are looking forward to is the 'Everything Royal Princess' thread. Most of what everyone has expressed as a feature they want to see most of all are the ones that are on the poll with the addition of the expanded atrium, the larger expanded venues in the atrium like Vines, Alfredo's, and the International Cafe, the Dueling Glass Pianos in Crooners, the Chefs Table Lumiere, the Light and Water Shows, and the overall fact that it's a brand new ship of a new design.

One thing I noticed on the poll was that I thought the TV studio and Princess Live! were the same?

Posted on another thread, but I suppose my answer is other here.

Expanded Piazza/Atrium with more entertainment, Deluxe Balcony cabins (finally), dueling glass pianos, entertainmnent in pool area, and expanded Vines. I'm also happy that this ship is going to Copenhagen for an itinerary that has been on my to do list since my first cruise in Europe.

I can't really say any of the choices listed in the poll are exciting. I did check the Seawalk. Not necessarily exciting, but I have expressed interest in the following:

Expanded atrium

Deluxe balcony stateroom

Enhanced Alfredo's Pizzeria and International Cafe

Fitness Center and Aerobics Studio - Looking forward to TRX

Outdoor jogging track and exercise circuit

Seawalk, MUTS and fountain pool

Dueling pianos sounds interesting

We have booked the Maiden Transatlantic, Maiden Caribbean, and the Spring Transatlantic in 2014. I am looking more forward to what excited people after Royal Princess sails. Hopefully there will be a post sailing poll.

We like, and have already booked, the new Royal for several reasons. First, the ship will mark the third 'Royal Princess' that we have been on. Secondly, it represents the first different and new ship that our favouite cruise line has built in quite a while. Thirdly, we were on the Grand shortly after it's inaugeral cruise and we felt that should continue with the traditions that the fullness of time have made all the more memorable to us.

Thanks for the suggestion of the deluxe balcony cabins, will add that to my list to check out.

Carolyn

Posted on another thread, but I suppose my answer is other here.

Expanded Piazza/Atrium with more entertainment, Deluxe Balcony cabins (finally), dueling glass pianos, entertainmnent in pool area, and expanded Vines. I'm also happy that this ship is going to Copenhagen for an itinerary that has been on my to do list since my first cruise in Europe.

Archived