Fury Catamaran or El Cielo Catamaran through Carnival?

purplephenom

Which of these 2 excursions through carnival would you suggest? We are looking for good snorkeling, and a member of our party prefers cruise ship excursions only. The fury catamaran seems to get good reviews on this board. The champange catamaran looks like it goes to columbia reef and el cielo sandbar. Is that worth the extra $20 per person? Thanks

Thanks. I probably should have posted it earlier but this is the link to the other excursion. It doesn't have close to the number of reviews that fury has, but it's reviews are positive so im having trouble deciding

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/cozumel/vip-luxury-catamaran-to-el-cielo-sandbar-304242

Columbia reef is waaaaaay down south on the island, the extra cost is to get all the way down there (gas is expensive).

Yes, Columbia reef is great snorkeling and diving (I have done it as a diver several times - it is shallow, coral is good, lots of fish).

The Fury catamaran will take you to Paradise reef area which is the shallow reef near the cruise ship docks at Puerto Maya. More boats go there, for snorkeling and diving, as it is so close to the piers and downtown.

which is better....???

well, that is just up to you. Do you want to go farther to see better coral and fish, but no beach break? Or do you want to see okay snorkeling and have a beach break?

Columbia reef is waaaaaay down south on the island, the extra cost is to get all the way down there (gas is expensive).

Yes, Columbia reef is great snorkeling and diving (I have done it as a diver several times - it is shallow, coral is good, lots of fish).

The Fury catamaran will take you to Paradise reef area which is the shallow reef near the cruise ship docks at Puerto Maya. More boats go there, for snorkeling and diving, as it is so close to the piers and downtown.

which is better....???

well, that is just up to you. Do you want to go farther to see better coral and fish, but no beach break? Or do you want to see okay snorkeling and have a beach break?

Thanks for the descriptions. I'm still no closer to deciding but that was helpful!