Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Oceania Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Oceania Cruises
Go to the Oceania Roll Call Forums

Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:08 PM
10,000+ Club

Emma chisit,

On Seabourn you can enjoy your caviar any time anywhere. Having it in the surf is a fun option which is not mandated. btw, they do it very close to the shore so you don't have to wade in too far.

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wripro View Post
Emma chisit,

On Seabourn you can enjoy your caviar any time anywhere. Having it in the surf is a fun option which is not mandated. btw, they do it very close to the shore so you don't have to wade in too far.
But it still involves going on the sand....

Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahore View Post
What??? Don't like surf?? Mate...... (downward inflection).
And also ...see reply above to wripro...don't like sand much either....and me a native Queenslander...

(Trips? Well...we seem to be reverting to landlubbing...but still hopeful of cruising on O again, which is why I have been reading this board..... off to India in Feb and then in mid-year to US to see the family, folowed by a self-driving tour round southern England and a little Med cruise - the last sadly not on O .We tried but the timing/itineraries did not work with the rest.)

Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Location: Sometimes in Melbourne, Australia. Sometimes in Penang, Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Chisit View Post
And also ...see reply above to wripro...don't like sand much either....and me a native Queenslander...

(Trips? Well...we seem to be reverting to landlubbing...but still hopeful of cruising on O again, which is why I have been reading this board..... off to India in Feb and then in mid-year to US to see the family, folowed by a self-driving tour round southern England and a little Med cruise - the last sadly not on O .We tried but the timing/itineraries did not work with the rest.)
Oooh, India. How exciting. Was our recent cruise your first taste of India, I can't recall? And where are you going, and how? I love to hear about India. We did a month there under our own steam in 2010/11 and had a ball (mostly, except the vile flu I got: most people get upset tummies, I got the flu ).

Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Oooh, India. How exciting. Was our recent cruise your first taste of India, I can't recall? And where are you going, and how? I love to hear about India. We did a month there under our own steam in 2010/11 and had a ball (mostly, except the vile flu I got: most people get upset tummies, I got the flu ).
Warning ...going off-topic here...though I have somewhat taken a turn through surf and sand dislikes already..

Yes, it was our first taste of India on lovely Nautica and yes we are very very excited to finally go there - celebrating D turning 70 on Christmas Eve; booked this trip on spur of moment a few weeks ago. Where? - Northern India....staying in palace hotels and glamping...We are not being intrepid at all - and because it is a celebration we have pushed the boat out, rather.... (since this is a cruising forum I include a nautical reference.) Have arranged through Abercrombie and Kent, opted to have our own car and driver, thus avoiding tour buses, and shopping stops (which we have expressly forbidden - not that I don't like shopping but too much stuff already)....currently munching probiotics to avoid the tummy thing....though it's usually flu wot does me in too...

Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Yes we are off topic, but perhaps we'll be forgiven. I would love to hear more about it when you get back: we are planning something similar (although A&K out of our price range) but palace hotels and glamping might be possible. We always try get the lifestyle without paying for it . We stayed at the Imperial in Delhi which is just sublime, I hope you get to stay there but if you don't you must visit it (Colonial place where Moutbatten often met with Ghandi, Nheru et al and ...oh so much history). Hey do you have Facebook?

Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Yes we are off topic, but perhaps we'll be forgiven. I would love to hear more about it when you get back: we are planning something similar (although A&K out of our price range) but palace hotels and glamping might be possible. We always try get the lifestyle without paying for it . We stayed at the Imperial in Delhi which is just sublime, I hope you get to stay there but if you don't you must visit it (Colonial place where Moutbatten often met with Ghandi, Nheru et al and ...oh so much history). Hey do you have Facebook?
Yes we are indeed staying at the Imperial (looks great) - and all the other usual suspects in the world of palace hotels. Check out Chhatra Sagar (Google it) for the glamping thing - had never heard of it before A & K brochure, now can hardly wait. Actually I did look first at putting a trip together myself and it is feasible; staying in the heritage hotels (less expensive too when slightly out of season) and arranging own transport (definitely less expensive without the middleman). However since it was last-minute - and high season to boot - we went with A & K, knowing we were paying for the convenience. (He's only turning 70 once, right?) We are saving by flying economy to and from Oz - with a night or two in Singapore coming and going to break the journey.
Sorry I am not on Facebook...bit of a Luddite there...however D is and I can send you some feedback on the heritage hotels - and if we thought they were worth it - when we get back ...

Old January 5th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi again Emma. For fear of moving this thread onto discussions about INdia, I have sent you a 'friend request'. I would like to share some photos with you. Also, I strongly suggest the book 'Indian Summer' by Alex Von Tunzelmann. I read it while at the Imperial and thoroughly enjoyed it.