How was it the first time you did it?

Jamericannn

Were you nervous? Were you excited? How old were you? How many people did you do it with?

I know many people are eager and nervous at the same time when they go on their first cruise. I remember all the excitement and anticipation but I wasn't nervous at all. My inlaw is coming on this cruise with us and she is nervous as this will be her first time sailing on water. She has never even been on a boat. I would love to hear how you felt when you first cruised.

First ocean cruise was on Rotterdam V in July, 1970, an 11 day Caribbean itinerary from New York. My friend and I were celebrating a special occasion: the earning of our Master's degrees after 5 years of effort.

We drove to New York in my 1965 Corvair Monza with the trunk and the back seat loaded with enough luggage for an 11 day cruise times a multiple of times! Novice cruisers to be sure.

Arriving at Pier 40 for embarkation, excited? To be sure! Everything from dropping off luggage, parking, and boarding went flawlessly.

We sailed at 8:00 P. M. An evening sailing from New York with the lights. etc. made our sailing even more memorable. A Lido Restaurant dinner after sailing was delicious with, I swear, the best Iced Tea I have ever tasted. (Please don't ask why that Tea was so wonderful because I have asked that of myself many times since.)

We had absolutely no concerns and enjoyed all of the new experiences that we had. Even our first port of call: Bermuda. The Rotterdam anchored; a large Bermuda government tender, largely uncovered, took us into Hamilton. During the transfer, it began to rain; we were outside. We were soaked to the skin! We still did our tour and we found that we totally dried very quickly. This is the memory of my first Shore Excursion experience.

It was a great trip!

Were you nervous? Were you excited? How old were you? How many people did you do it with?

I know many people are eager and nervous at the same time when they go on their first cruise. I remember all the excitement and anticipation but I wasn't nervous at all. My inlaw is coming on this cruise with us and she is nervous as this will be her first time sailing on water. She has never even been on a boat. I would love to hear how you felt when you first cruised.

I was excited but also nervous. The first morning at sea, I remember waking up to look out the window, and all I could think was "wow." This was just in December when I was 20. My mom, 6 year old brother, grandmother, and cousin all went. (We had to remind my little brother constantly that we were on a ship because he would forget)

I'd had many people tell me that "oh, you can't even tell you're on a boat." That was certainly NOT the case for us as we were racing an arctic cold front. The first two days, the boat rocked and jarred very badly. We had an oceanview cabin on deck 1 (supposedly were movement is at its minimum), but we were all awoken in the night from the ship movements.

But overall a very fun trip even though we missed a port in Jamaica. I loved the Cayman Islands, and visiting there made me really consider changing my life plans. The food on board was amazing, and it was way more than I expected. I've learned a lot from that trip and hope to apply what I've learned to my May cruise!

Well, I was 19 and in college......oh, you mean my first cruise? :'):'):')

2014, 35 years old, just my hubby and I. Only thing I was nervous about was it was my first time flying. Fell in love with both flying and cruising, and the rest is history.

LOL!!! I was on the same brainwave... I was like, "What does this have to do with Carnival?"

Usually, you use your first one as a "learning experience", but don't sweat it. Getting used to the processes and procedures (and learning the ship itself!) is a bit of a chore, but once you're used to how things work, you're hooked.

If you need anything, ask. Most cruise lines will happily accommodate your needs or answer any questions.

Once you get that first day out of the way, you realize several things:

1) The people at work can't find you. Nobody can call you, email you, etc.

2) The subtle motion of the ship is soothing at night while sleeping.

3) You're away from anything back home that stresses you out.

Once ALL that hits you, you'll relax and be fully charged upon return.

(And, yes, be prepared to stuff yourself silly.)

Well, I was 19 and in college......oh, you mean my first cruise? :'):'):')

2014, 35 years old, just my hubby and I. Only thing I was nervous about was it was my first time flying. Fell in love with both flying and cruising, and the rest is history.

What else could I be referring to? 😉 I am actually more scared of flying. If the plane engines go out then that's history.

First ocean cruise was on Rotterdam V in July, 1970, an 11 day Caribbean itinerary from New York. My friend and I were celebrating a special occasion: the earning of our Master's degrees after 5 years of effort.

We drove to New York in my 1965 Corvair Monza with the trunk and the back seat loaded with enough luggage for an 11 day cruise times a multiple of times! Novice cruisers to be sure.

Arriving at Pier 40 for embarkation, excited? To be sure! Everything from dropping off luggage, parking, and boarding went flawlessly.

We sailed at 8:00 P. M. An evening sailing from New York with the lights. etc. made our sailing even more memorable. A Lido Restaurant dinner after sailing was delicious with, I swear, the best Iced Tea I have ever tasted. (Please don't ask why that Tea was so wonderful because I have asked that of myself many times since.)

We had absolutely no concerns and enjoyed all of the new experiences that we had. Even our first port of call: Bermuda. The Rotterdam anchored; a large Bermuda government tender, largely uncovered, took us into Hamilton. During the transfer, it began to rain; we were outside. We were soaked to the skin! We still did our tour and we found that we totally dried very quickly. This is the memory of my first Shore Excursion experience.

It was a great trip!

Going to Bermuda on a first cruise would get anyone addicted to cruising.

I was excited but also nervous. The first morning at sea, I remember waking up to look out the window, and all I could think was "wow." This was just in December when I was 20. My mom, 6 year old brother, grandmother, and cousin all went. (We had to remind my little brother constantly that we were on a ship because he would forget)

I'd had many people tell me that "oh, you can't even tell you're on a boat." That was certainly NOT the case for us as we were racing an arctic cold front. The first two days, the boat rocked and jarred very badly. We had an oceanview cabin on deck 1 (supposedly were movement is at its minimum), but we were all awoken in the night from the ship movements.

But overall a very fun trip even though we missed a port in Jamaica. I loved the Cayman Islands, and visiting there made me really consider changing my life plans. The food on board was amazing, and it was way more than I expected. I've learned a lot from that trip and hope to apply what I've learned to my May cruise!

The rocking of ship depends on the time you cruise. I've never had a cruise where the rocking is unbearable. There have been times when it's noticeable and times when you feel as if you are in a mall. Some people like the rocking more because it puts them to sleep.

Usually, you use your first one as a "learning experience", but don't sweat it. Getting used to the processes and procedures (and learning the ship itself!) is a bit of a chore, but once you're used to how things work, you're hooked.

If you need anything, ask. Most cruise lines will happily accommodate your needs or answer any questions.

Once you get that first day out of the way, you realize several things:

1) The people at work can't find you. Nobody can call you, email you, etc.

2) The subtle motion of the ship is soothing at night while sleeping.

3) You're away from anything back home that stresses you out.

Once ALL that hits you, you'll relax and be fully charged upon return.

(And, yes, be prepared to stuff yourself silly.)

Every ship is a new experience for me. Nothing has changed in terms of my anticipation and excitement. I think my excitement is even worse now that I can watch so many videos on YouTube. The first cruise I had to just go based on what others told me.

2003 with a friend. I wasn't nervous but i did get sea sick. Found out the hard way dramamine makes you sleepy. I enjoyed it and have been on several since. I've introduced my lil guy to his first cruise 2.5 years ago and taking him again for Thanksgiving.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

I was 24 and DH was 22. I took him on the Sensation for his college graduation gift.

I just remember standing on the pier/dock and looking up thinking how big the ship was.

LMAO!!!!!

Now, today, with the Breeze/Vista, etc, I am not sure what I was thinking.

It was an AMAZING first cruise.

I was hooked more than him. Took us quite some time, as you can see in my signature, to do another, but now I push for one every year.

I think he loves it too, but he won't admit it. :'):')

Our first cruise was April 2015 and in a couple of weeks we're going on our 4th. I think you can say we're hooked. Our first was out of Baltimore and I remember driving up and was amazed at how big the ship was. I was nervous because it was all so new but after a couple of days I felt a relaxation that no other vacation can match.

Believe it or not i was disappointed my first cruise... It was 2013 on the Breeze and i was sick most of the cruise and the couple we went with was arguing most of the trip. It was a disaster. I didn't know if i ever wanted to cruise again. My husband and I did a do over cruise 2 years later on the Independence of the seas 2015 and got HOOKED now 2018 we'll be going on our 4th cruise on the Vista

Like the poster before me, I was disappointed. But my kid loved it. So we did it again, and the second cruise I learned that the MDR was open during lunch, so I didn't have to settle for the crap on lido. Three years and seven cruises later, I like cruising. But I can't wait to return to vacationing in Europe, training around from city to city and staying in each for three days. Next year, my daughter turns 18 and agreed to return to Venice, to Salzburg, to Budapest, Paris, Rome... what snakebit us was those darn teenage clubs on Carnival ships. My daughter has made friends in Brooklyn, Nebraska and Tennessee and we have since flown/trained each winter break to spend time with their families and this is something we never would have experienced had it not been for cruising.

First time was just last year on Splendor in April for a 7 day western caribbean. Just the wife and I. we were both very excited and nervous as we just barely flew out of Denver international airport before a major snow storm shut down the airport just a few hours after we took off. we were very nervous we may not get out and miss our cruise.

Next cruise already booked for April 2018 for same 7 day western caribbean cruise on Glory. This time we have 4 family friends going with us who have never been on a cruise. They saw how much fun we had on our first and had to get in on the fun too.

First cruise was on the big red boat. Premier later on became part of carnival. My son had been injured in a car accident at two and was learning to walk again. We got on the boat and mickey lead everyone in a conga dance. My son was in heaven. Best cruise ever.

Our first cruise was for our honeymoon back in January 2003 out of Miami on RCCL (Navigator), we were hooked!!! Not nervous at all and had a blast, been cruising RCCL, NCL and CCL ever since, mostly CCL as we can easily drive to several east coast ports within hours of home.

We still get just as excited before a cruise leading up to embarkation as we did for the first one. :)