Limousine bus from Haneda to Tokyo

Swissmiss6253

Hi all

We are travelling to Japan to cruise on Celebrity and have a couple of days before and after in Tokyo. We will be flying in and out of Haneda arriving at 5:15am from Australia. Arriving at that time of the morning with four suitcases and four carry on type bags we won't be keen on much fuss. We don't mind paying for a private transfer if that is the best way but I have read some good things about the Limousine bus. How easy is it really? Is it comfortable? I don't do discomfort or difficulty well when I am tired! Are we better off getting a maxi taxi type thing?

Thanks, Lynn

The limo bus is ok. It's not really super comfortable, but not miserable. Where are you staying in Tokyo? Haneda is much more centrally located than Narita so depending on which area you're staying in a taxi would be reasonable.

I'd probably opt for the taxi but I'd rather spend a bit more for the ease of it all. Plus it will be quicker since your stop is the only stop.

ETA: the limo bus is really easy. There is a kiosk to buy tickets. The busses are easy to find and they throw your luggage under the bus and off you go!

Edited by pixiestyx

We are staying at the Hilton Tokyo which is in Shinjuku. Would you just get a taxi from the stand or book a car in advance? I'm thinking we should arrange one, especially with 4 people and a fair bit of luggage?

We are flying to Tokyo in about 3 weeks, and already have private transportation arranged, so I didn't look at the per person costs for other types of transport from Haneda into Tokyo.

However, usually (or maybe it's "often"?), by the time one adds up the per person costs for non-private transportation, and multiplies by 4, it may even be more cost effective to arrange a car service.

I'm also not sure about the size of regular taxis in Japan, but with 4 people plus that luggage...?

If you arrange a private car service, tell them how many people and how much luggage, you'll definitely all fit, and probably be more comfortable, especially after a looong flight.

I think you've answered your own question: "I don't do discomfort or difficulty well when I am tired!" ;)

• 10 months later...

We are a group of 4 adults trying to figure out transfers. We’ll have 6 large suitcases and would prefer a private transfer. Do you need to reserve a taxi van in advance or will they be there waiting? Or would a private service be better? Can anyone recommend a company?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We ended up taking the Limousine bus and it was fine but by the time we got to the ticket machine it was an hour wait until the next one was available. I went to see if I could get a maxi taxi but they were all booked, so went back to the ticket machine and it was then an hour and a half wait!

We took a BlackLane car back. Expensive but really comfortable.