Thursday 7-24-14 Weigh-in Thread

Good Morning - Belle must have computer problems again, so I thought I would start this weeks thread.

Good luck to all. (I am up 3.2# this week ... actually from the last time I weighed in which was 2 weeks ago --- that happens when you go away on a family reunion vacation ... lots of food and wine!! Jan

Hello,

Jan, thanks for the thread. Oh bummer on the weight gain but at least you had fun at the reunion.

I stayed the same.

On the job hunting front: my interview yesterday went very well but they have a couple of other people to talk to so I don't know anything yet. When I find out I'll post it.

Good luck to everyone this week. Diana

Jan- I know what you mean about family reunion. Ours was 2 weeks ago. I did pretty good trying to watch it, but I love s'mores while camping. I was afraid to way last week.

This week I'm down 1.6lbs. That's a total of 26lbs in 10 months. 14 more to reach my goal.

Diana- at least you stayed the same and didn't gain. Hope you find a job soon.

Sent from my iPad

Reunions are supposed to be fun - you'll lose it right off in no time.

Stayed even this week at 197, no complaints after Sunday's binge. Been doing well all week and it's been easier to stay focused (most of the time).

Good luck everybody. LURKERS: check in whether it's good, bad or otherwise - nobody judges, just support and personal accountability.

Jan- I know what you mean about family reunion. Ours was 2 weeks ago. I did pretty good trying to watch it, but I love s'mores while camping. I was afraid to way last week.

This week I'm down 1.6lbs. That's a total of 26lbs in 10 months. 14 more to reach my goal.

Diana- at least you stayed the same and didn't gain. Hope you find a job soon.

Sent from my iPad

Oops I mean weigh!!

Sent from my iPad

Booked a cruise for October and going to cut down on weight for it. Started my new weight loss plan on Sunday so no check in total. I have used cruises in the past to get me motivated and I think this one will do the same.

Great job to everyone. Remember the decision of yesterday do not dictate what we do today and each day is a decision to do what you want.

HI all!

Jan ~ thanks for starting the thread. Sounds like you had a great holiday & heck you've lost a lot of weight so know you can lose those extra few pounds.

WTG to all the other losers!;)

I'm down by 1.8 pounds which puts me back to what I was 2 weeks ago, just out of the 160 category.:o

Have a nice weekend. We're going to an Elvis Festival tomorrow so I look forward to that.

~ Jo ~ :)

Just found this so I'm not 100% sure what is going on, so just let me know if I'm doing the wrong thing, lol. I'm sure when I read through more of this thread I'll have a better understanding.

34 days ago 210, today 196, shooting for 180 in October. I know the quick early gains are now gone so it's going to be work time! I'll keep checking in and get the hang of things soon. Very glad I found this thread!

Just found this so I'm not 100% sure what is going on, so just let me know if I'm doing the wrong thing, lol. I'm sure when I read through more of this thread I'll have a better understanding.

34 days ago 210, today 196, shooting for 180 in October. I know the quick early gains are now gone so it's going to be work time! I'll keep checking in and get the hang of things soon. Very glad I found this thread!

Congrats on the great loss in 34 days! What type eating plan have you started?

Welcome to the thread. Each Thursday morning Belle or Jan (or anyone else in their absence) starts a thread with that day's date. Then everyone has a place to report their losses (or unfortunate gains) each week. Gives us someplace for "accountability".

Thank you for the 411 skiiergirl. As for my eating plan, honestly the first thing I cut out was the BOOZE, lol. Seriously though, about the first 7 to 10 days there was almost no change in weight, but then it just started coming off like crazy after that. Let's just say I was consuming a little too much on a daily basis and those beer calories must have been adding up :o I also cut out about half of my eating out, both fast foods and dine in places. No real set plan what I fix at home yet, but when I hit a plateau I'll pay more attention to what I'm cooking.

Other than that I would go through my "gym spurts" in the past but just went straight to the weights and never thought about cardio, not even walking. This time I am just running and walking for about 90% of the focus with very little weight training. So in short, for me it has been completely eliminating alcohol and hitting the cardio well :)

Hey ya'll.

I read some good reports! yea!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. HOT and HUMID in Mississippi!

The doctor put me back on the Adipex 2 weeks ago and I'm down 8 pounds.

Most was probably water weight but the numbers look good on the scale.

Besides the Adipex helping curb my appetite, I have cut out bread, rice, sugar, etc except for one splurge day a week. Even then, I eat better and healthier. Lots and lots of water.

For exercise, I dance. :D

When it cools down some, I will get out and walk, too.

Hi all! New to this and hopeful it is ok to just join in. Looking at my calendar, my weight on the 24th was down 3 pounds from the previous week so a nice improvement over the previous week when my scale relentlessly insisted I had gained a pound. Didn't do anything different but did start a new exercise regime so perhaps there was something in the change? Happy lose it this week to everyone!

It's a great feeling when Monday morning you pull out the smallest sized work pants in the closet and they aren't a struggle to get into.

Had some birthday cake but all in all ate pretty good and looking forward to a short work week before heading up to the mountains with the Mrs for a few days.

Hang tough everyone!