Anyone tried Versaspa spray tan?

Wakkyj

Give it a try well before your trip, so you'll have time to "fade" if you don't like it. The artificial tans nowadays aren't "orange"--they're fairly natural looking, but can wear off in a way that will make your "wrinkle lines" (around ankles, wrists, etc...) look dirty.

I love Versaspa! I'm a red head, fair skinned so I was verrrry nervous. The first time I did it, she convinced me to get "medium". While I didn't look like a freak or anything, I was a little darker than I was hoping. But I wasn't orange at all. They use a beet base rather than a carrot base like in Mystic Tan. I have since gone back twice and used "light" and really loved the coverage. The first two times, I used no "pre cream" enhancer and the third time I got conned into buying the pre-cream enhancer (she basically forced me) and I feel like it actually made the tan show up less and not last as long (although it could also be because I did zero bed tanning beforehand, and on the previous sessions I had bed tanned a couple of times first). My best experience with it would be my second trip when I used LIGHT setting and no pre cream enhancer because it lasted longer.

Here are some pics that may help.

Me "normal' with just a light bronzer on my face:

My first session with Versaspa on Medium, within the first 24 hrs 05/08:

(horribly dorky picture, but the only one with me with normal lighting from first day with tan)

although my medium looked more "normal" a couple of days later and actually looked better than my light tans... I wish there was a "medium light".. here's a pic from a couple days after my medium tan--

My 2nd session with Versaspa on Light 09/08--

My 3rd session 10/09 LIGHT and with some crappy enhancement cream (tan looked alright, but didn't last very long)--

I would consider doing the medium spray again if I stay at home for the first 36 hours. I didn't look horrible, but I was self conscious because I'm a normally fair person.

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. AmberMarie the pics were perfect as I'm not sure between light and medium either.

They offer just a leg spray as well as all over so I think I might try just the legs to see how they turn out and then I'll be more prepared.

I love Versaspa! I'm a red head, fair skinned so I was verrrry nervous. The first time I did it, she convinced me to get "medium". While I didn't look like a freak or anything, I was a little darker than I was hoping. But I wasn't orange at all. They use a beet base rather than a carrot base like in Mystic Tan. I have since gone back twice and used "light" and really loved the coverage. The first two times, I used no "pre cream" enhancer and the third time I got conned into buying the pre-cream enhancer (she basically forced me) and I feel like it actually made the tan show up less and not last as long (although it could also be because I did zero bed tanning beforehand, and on the previous sessions I had bed tanned a couple of times first). My best experience with it would be my second trip when I used LIGHT setting and no pre cream enhancer because it lasted longer.

Here are some pics that may help.

Me "normal' with just a light bronzer on my face:

My first session with Versaspa on Medium, within the first 24 hrs 05/08:

(horribly dorky picture, but the only one with me with normal lighting from first day with tan)

although my medium looked more "normal" a couple of days later and actually looked better than my light tans... I wish there was a "medium light".. here's a pic from a couple days after my medium tan--

My 2nd session with Versaspa on Light 09/08--

My 3rd session 10/09 LIGHT and with some crappy enhancement cream (tan looked alright, but didn't last very long)--

I would consider doing the medium spray again if I stay at home for the first 36 hours. I didn't look horrible, but I was self conscious because I'm a normally fair person.

I will have to look up this kind of spray tan...different base...hummm...thanks for the post and pics, they helped me too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know, bringing back an older thread here...

I just looked into using the Versaspa system. The person said it would cost $30 for 1 session or there was a special where you buy 3 sessions for $40 and get 1 free. If you want to use a level other than light, it's $5 extra. Also, I think that the chlorine would fade the tan quicker and possibly make it uneven. I'm not positive, though, but that's what happens w/other sunless tanning lotions/sprays I've used.

If you're looking for a cream that turns you really dark and don't mind waiting, try SUNlabs.

I have used both kinds of spray tans mentioned. After one dip in a chlorine pool and the pacific ocean, I emerged, orange, streaky, and spotted. I scrubbed it all off. $40 wasted. I had no clue it would come off like that..but it makes sense..chlorine is bleach.

Beyond that, I loved it..just don't know I would use it if I am going to be swimming in salt and chlorine.

I know, bringing back an older thread here...

I just looked into using the Versaspa system. The person said it would cost $30 for 1 session or there was a special where you buy 3 sessions for $40 and get 1 free. If you want to use a level other than light, it's $5 extra. Also, I think that the chlorine would fade the tan quicker and possibly make it uneven. I'm not positive, though, but that's what happens w/other sunless tanning lotions/sprays I've used.

If you're looking for a cream that turns you really dark and don't mind waiting, try SUNlabs.

• 11 months later...

Just tried the VersaSpa for the first time, the day before our last cruise. Got the medium level. It was fairly dark for me as I am of fair complexion...but it looked good. Have to say it's the best fake tan I've ever had. Went snorkelling several times and swimming in the shipboard pool and never had any streaking happen. The tan faded beautifully. Usually fake tans fade and leave dirty looking streaks in wrinkles and creases but this one didn't. Again, best fake tan I've ever had, well worth the money!

Our local day spa just got a VersaSpa spray tan booth, and I tried it out last week. I looked naturally tan and bronzed, and not orange. :) I was so scared to turn out oompa-loompa like before my friend's engagement party. It lasted about a week, and faded out nicely. I would recommend it.

Archived