We're Touring Oasis! What Are You Excited About?

Which signature Oasis features are you most excited about (choose all that apply)?  

1,148 members have voted

1. 1. Which signature Oasis features are you most excited about (choose all that apply)?

• Central Park's outdoor dining and entertainment
    • Central Park cabins facing the lush courtyard
    • The Rising Tide Bar for living it "up"
    • Onboard zip-lining (wee!)
    • New Italian restaurant Giovanni's Table
    • The Boardwalk and AquaTheater
    • Boardwalk cabins overlooking first at-sea carousel
    • 150 Central Park for upscale specialty dining
    • Loft cabins -- two-level living!
    • Asian-fusion eats at Izumi
    • The Crystal Canopy Skylights on the Royal Promenade
    • Rest and relaxation at biggest spa at sea
    • All of the above, silly!
    • Something else (which I'll post)

Do you have Oasis fever? We do. In fact, Editor in Chief Carolyn Spencer Brown has just arrived in Finland for a sneak preview of the ship at Turku's STX Europe Shipyard next Thursday and Friday (August 27 and 28). It'll be the last chance to tour the 220,000-ton, 5,400-passenger behemoth before it is released from the yard in October.

And we want to take you with us!

Every day next week, through Friday, Cruise Critic will be sharing the latest Oasis news, images and videos. (Here's a hint of what's to come!) In the meantime, we want to know: which Oasis' features are you most excited about? Vote in our poll -- check off all that apply -- and be sure to post your opinions below!

See you next week....

Hi Melissa

Great to hear you arrived safely and hope you all had a good restful journey...cause I am thinking you wont be doing much sleeping next week :D

Looking forward to all the news and reports from you all up there in Finland ...oh heck the goosebumps are starting again :D

As I love the Royal Promenade I am very interested to know what you think of the Oasis one in comparison to the RPs on other ships.

Hi there!

Oh, I wish it was ME who'd just arrived...our fearless editor Carolyn is on site for this one. But I'll be following her adventure from the office with all of you :) I'll pass along your note about the Royal Promenade. That's something I'm definitely interested to know as well.

Melissa

Hi Melissa

Great to hear you arrived safely and hope you all had a good restful journey...cause I am thinking you wont be doing much sleeping next week :D

Looking forward to all the news and reports from you all up there in Finland ...oh heck the goosebumps are starting again :D

As I love the Royal Promenade I am very interested to know what you think of the Oasis one in comparison to the RPs on other ships.

Hi, Liz. Will be very curious as well about the Royal Promenade on Oasis. Saw it early on in the construction process (last November) when you can't see much but for the scaffolding and it felt so spacious!

That story's here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=789

And spent 8 days on Independence of the Seas in April, and of course haunted the Royal Promenade so there are fresh recollections....

Carolyn

Hi Melissa

Hi there!

Oh, I wish it was ME who'd just arrived...our fearless editor Carolyn is on site for this one. But I'll be following her adventure from the office with all of you :) I'll pass along your note about the Royal Promenade. That's something I'm definitely interested to know as well.

Melissa

Aww that is a shame you arent up in Turku also...och well I am sure we will have some some fun here while we wait eagerly for Carolyn's reports.

My family & friends have already been warned "Do not Disturb or else" :eek:

Hi, Liz. Will be very curious as well about the Royal Promenade on Oasis. Saw it early on in the construction process (last November) when you can't see much but for the scaffolding and it felt so spacious!

That story's here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=789

And spent 8 days on Independence of the Seas in April, and of course haunted the Royal Promenade so there are fresh recollections....

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn

Is it cold up there this time?

I dont know what it is about the RPs but they make me ....sigghhhhhhh....oh happy sighhhhhhs of course :D

Day or night I love wandering along it and with the Crystal Canopy oh heck Oasis RP will be even more Wowow.

I wonder as the Oasis RP is wider...will it really feel/seem that much wider?

I'm excited to see all of it...confession time here, I haven't even been on an RCI ship larger than Serenade, I'm Diamond, but the majority of my cruises have been on Sovereign class ships. Port Canaveral is just too handy for those weekend getaways! :p

It was fun on our recent Alaska cruise to be able to say "I'm booked on Oasis already" when passengers and crew were talking about her. There was a construction video playing nonstop all week, but I didn't get a chance to see it all. It almost seems unreal to be so close to final payment after chatting in the roll call for over a year...and I know I'm not one who's been there since the begining. (Hi Liz!!!)

a picture of the a Crown Loft Suite would be so sweet :rolleyes:! We'll be staying in one next August and I'm so excited I could burst! Can't wait to see the inside of these rooms! Although I've gotten excited over every bit of information I've come across so far!!

Do you have Oasis fever?\\\

In the meantime, we want to know: which Oasis' features are you most excited about?\\\

See you next week....

HA! You name it and I'm excited about it. Any info you can share will be greatly appreciated. I personally am interested in knowing more about the Diamond Club and its occupancy level. I'm curious if RCCL took the ever growing C&A Diamond population into consideration in the design of the Club this time. And is there a balcony for the Diamond club overlooking the RP - it looks like there is in the renderings. I'd also like to hear more about Dazzles and what's going to be happening there at night? That looks like an exciting club. Also, I'd like to know if all passengers will have access to the helipad at the bow. If those questions have been officially answered, I apologize for asking. In the mean time, have a great time; enjoy the tour; ask lots of questions and take/post as many pictures as you possibly can.:)

Melissa, I would love to see a pic from the balcony of a boardwalk room overlooking the boardwalk and aqua theater. Thanks

Yes ditto here to that as I have that type of cabin booked B2B on Oasis :)

Also I find myself coming to the Oasis section of CC more and more as the days draw closer to seeing the finished product.

Yesterday was 1 year that I booked my sailing when the bookings opened up.

Look forward to all the photos and info :)

I would also like to see some photo's of catagory D cabins.

Looking forward to next week to get my daily Oasis fix.:)

I second this ....photos of the "regular" balcony cabins would be awesome. Although I'm pretty sure most of us will be happy with any little look see we get. Thank you!

I've got the fever and really want to see the whole ship! :D

It's so exciting...as Liz said, "I've got the goosebumps." :)

I'm really excited about the AquaTheater suites. We just booked one on Allure today! :D

I'd also love to know if Oasis and Allure will have the VIP section at the pool with special reserved seats for people booked in suites. I assume we will since they have it on Voyager and Freedom classes, but the CVP I booked with didn't know because right now it's only listed as an amenity on Voyager and Freedom class ships. This will be my first time cruising in a suite, and I'd love to finally not have to worry about whether or not I'll be able to find a chair!

We are in 11729 that overlooks the Aqua Theater, If you can.............The first drink is on Me.....................I guess it would have to be Vodka since you are in Finland..............Have fun Carolyn, as you can see we are all excited! ENJOY the 2 days!

Mike and Bill from Hot Palm Springs California :)

Archived