Celebration Itinerary Change

Celebration are now going to Ag Nik, Crete and Haifa, Israel instead of Alexandria and Port Said. Thomson hoping to return to correct itinerary on 22 July.

Repatriation of holidaymakers in Luxor area happening today.

Red Sea resorts ok to travel to.

Info on Thomson booking site under Travel Alerts.

such a shame, not just for holidaymakers but for the people of that unique country

I guess this is the risk you take with foreign travel....however, times like this I think we can trust thoms to care for their clients (they always have done in the past)

and not so disappointing for cruisers as celebration can continue onto other ports......tbh I much prefer haifa to port said anyway, would consider that a bit of a bonus

That's good news for the Cruisers. Although some will be upset at not seeing the sights they wanted to see it's better to be safe, I certainly wouldn't feel safe in those ports right now.

Hope the people of Egypt get all their troubles sorted soon without too much upheaval, the last thing they need is a civil war.

• 2 weeks later...

i booked this cruise mainly to go to the pyramids, i understand the problems in egypt are not thomsons fault, but theyre not my fault either. i asked to cancel but hit a brick wall. "only a minor alteration" they said so no money back, dont think missing egypt on an "EGYPT and the holy land" cruise is minor at all, abta agree with me by the way. hoping we still go

i booked this cruise mainly to go to the pyramids, i understand the problems in egypt are not thomsons fault, but theyre not my fault either. i asked to cancel but hit a brick wall. "only a minor alteration" they said so no money back, dont think missing egypt on an "EGYPT and the holy land" cruise is minor at all, abta agree with me by the way. hoping we still go

As much as it is a shame for you, Thomson would not go against FCO guidelines & certainly would not put 1300 passengers & 600 crew at risk by going there. I guess they are offering an alternative but I am surprised they won't offer a refund if you really don't want to travel to the alternative area....

Hi Lee

Understand how you feel but if the FO are advising against travel to the area I think Thomson T&C/Agreement in the brochure covers their back on the likes of this and not classed as a major change

Important note - events beyond our control

Events beyond our control include: war, threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist activity and its consequences, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemics, health risks and pandemics, unavoidable and unforeseeable technical problems with transport for reasons beyond our control or that of our suppliers; closed or congested airports or ports, hurricanes and other actual or potential severe weather conditions, and any other similar events.

Hi Jim. I totally understand the safety issue and wouldn't want to take my wife to a place Ive been advised not to travel too. I was just miffed because I'm not getting what I've paid for. Obviously Thomson are going to put people's safety first and quite right. But I'm in business, if someone pays me for something and further down the line I can't deliver, for whatever reason, they'd be offered an alternative, if that wasn't acceptable then it'll be a refund so they can try somewhere else. I don't think I'm being unreasonable, I just want what I paid for or my money back. I've read the t&c, very well covered, well done them

Archived