DVD Player - NCL SKY

Good question

I had a suite on the Sky and it had a DVD already hooked up. They also had a movie library. But we were so busy that we never used it.

I suggest calling NCL and asking them if they have a DVD player on board that you could borrow. That could save you the bother of packing a DVD player.

I know the TVs in most state rooms are not that modern. Only suites have flat screens, etc. Some of those older boxy TVs may not have DVD hook ups. But I would bet that they did.

Easiest thing is to call NCL and find out.

I just found this youtube video of a Sky cabin and you get to see the TV

It appears there are DVD hook ups. You still should call and bring an extension cord since you dont know how far that outlet is.

The power of youtube

I just found this youtube video of a Sky cabin and you get to see the TV

It appears there are DVD hook ups. You still should call and bring an extension cord since you dont know how far that outlet is.

The power of youtube

Looking at the video, I would say that there are not appropriate connectors for a DVD play on the front of that TV. Looks to me like the IR receiver for the remote plus a headphone jack. There may be on the back if you can get to them.....look for yellow, red and white female RCA connectors. If you bring your player, be sure to bring those cables too.

My PCC just wrote me back and said that the TV's on the SKY can be hooked up to a DVD player. As you suggested, he said I just need to be sure to bring my own cords! :)

Thanks for keeping us updated

I am so glad you are able to hook up the DVD. I think it is wise if you have a small child. Cruise ships dont really have children TV Channels.

But the power of youtube is simply amazing LOL :)

• 6 months later...

I was glad to find this thread and that Youtube of the TV, which I can assume will be the same in the interior stateroom. I plan to use my Iphone to hook up with the AV Cables to watch our own movies. The main question is for the past posters is did the DVD Player work and were you able to get the Input switched to the AUX mode? Or do I need to bring a Universal Remote?

Thanks.

Archived