Final payment

cruzegurl104

How many of you wait until the exact date final payment is due? We are making our last payment tonight & it's due "by tomorrow"... DH said it would be fine.

It does make me a tad bit nervous. I'm a worry wort tho:rolleyes::o

Me...I do exactly that. Therefore if the cruise price is reduced instead of getting an OBC I get a reduction in the final payment since I usually always book ES.

Quit worrying...you will be fine. From one worry wart to another LOL.

PS: We did the Fascination in December and LOVED it. Hope you have a great cruise!

How many of you wait until the exact date final payment is due? We are making our last payment tonight & it's due "by tomorrow"... DH said it would be fine.

It does make me a tad bit nervous. I'm a worry wort tho:rolleyes::o

Day of is fine by me - money in my pocket vs money in Carnival's pocket.

Me...I do exactly that. Therefore if the cruise price is reduced instead of getting an OBC I get a reduction in the final payment since I usually always book ES.

PS: We did the Fascination in December and LOVED it. Hope you have a great cruise!

I paid it off a little early and then the price dropped and exactly this happened.. instead of a price reduction I got OBC. I would rather have had it as a reduction to the price.

Ready2Cruz, we do the same thing for the exact same reason. This time, we did not book an ES this time, but the day OF final payment there was a reduction in price. I was able to save $100.

I pay a little early. My rule is to be a cruise ahead. When I am about to go on a cruise, I like to already have the next one completely paid off. That way I am always ahead in case something happens. I leave for Hawaii next month and will have my July Alaska cruise paid off this week. I really don't care if they have my money a little early. I just like to have it done with.

I was just wondering bc I've heard horror stories of ppl forgetting & then trying to pay a day later.. But by then I think it'd be too late!!:eek:

Oh, the HORROR!!!:eek:

:D

I thought there was a 5 day grace period although I don't plan to test it.

I have to admit.... I just went ahead and paid:o

I couldn't wait any longer,,,, I had to take care of it. I'm so OCD.

I've never heard of the five day grace period. I would be a nervous wreck! I couldn't imagine calling my PVP, or pulling up my reservation only to be told, "Your too late"... or whatever (they/it) would say.

I would cry. :eek:;):D:D

So, this brings up another question... how does one forget about this? I know it's bound to have happened before,,,:confused:

• 1 month later...

Have a question about final payment

hope someone can help me.

Two cruises booked

2 night cruise end of Sept - final payment due July 5th

8 night cruise in the beginning of Sept - final payment due June 3rd

How do they figure the final payment on the time of your cruise?

Have a question about final payment

hope someone can help me.

Two cruises booked

2 night cruise end of Sept - final payment due July 5th

8 night cruise in the beginning of Sept - final payment due June 3rd

How do they figure the final payment on the time of your cruise?

I recently asked this and was told 75 days for a 5 night or less and 90 days for a 6 night or longer. :)

I recently asked this and was told 75 days for a 5 night or less and 90 days for a 6 night or longer. :)

Don't know the exact dates of what type of cruise, but per our PVP, if we book our 7 day, it is due 75 days prior to cruise date?

Carnival will automaticaly take the final payment from my card on a set date.

Also prepaid my tips so it's done and i don't have to worry about it later.I just put more on my Credit Card each month so when the cruise happens it's almost paid.

Why pay carnival ahead of time?

There is a five day grace period. Hubby and I came close to missing our ecstasy cruise next week because of an unexpected trip to the vet (stinking pooch!). When I called carnival to ask about a possible extension on final payment they said absolutely not, but did explain that once final payment date passes, you gt a 5-day payment letter. Luckly I got paid two days after final payment and it worked out.

Archived