Transfer from Airport to hotel in Budapest

SeaTheWorldBySea

I saw a shuttle service. There was a long line. I remember looking at the price, multiplying by two and thinking the stops at all the hotels would make for a long slow trip.

You have to pay for the taxi with forints. You can get those from an ATM at the airport

Do take a cab from the registered company not someone trying to wave you over.

Our taxi driver was efficient and quick. Can't remember the price but felt it was very fair for the length of the drive.

By the time we got to our hotel and settled in on the Friday night, I was glad I hadn't been on a shuttle. JMO.

We used a driver named Pulai Alajos. I think he was the same price as a cab ( I know it was a set price that we agreed upon prior to using him) and we did not pay him until he got us to our hotel. He was waiting for us at baggage with our name on a sign. We liked him very much. pulai31@gmail We paid in Euros, I think but it may have been dollars. We had no Forints at the time.

We used the airport shuttle in Sept.it was cheaper then a taxi and all 4 couples they put in our van were going to the same place the Marriott in Budapest.There were many people waiting but wait less then 10 minutes and they seemed well organized.We were told we came at busy time and wait could be up to 20 minutes when we paid.If you pay before you come the price is cheaper.There are no benches to sit on inside the terminal while you wait but you wait inside so warm and dry and after a long flight it is nice to stand.

We used a driver named Pulai Alajos. I think he was the same price as a cab ( I know it was a set price that we agreed upon prior to using him) and we did not pay him until he got us to our hotel. He was waiting for us at baggage with our name on a sign. We liked him very much. pulai31@gmail We paid in Euros, I think but it may have been dollars. We had no Forints at the time.

We have used Pulai twice - and recommended him to friends.

His website is: http://budapestairporttaxi.com/Welcome.html

It is great as he waits for your plane. If he cannot meet you, he has an arrangement with a colleague who will pick you up - same price.

We paid in Euros.

fran

It is great as he waits for your plane. If he cannot meet you, he has an arrangement with a colleague who will pick you up - same price.

We paid in Euros.

fran

We also used Pulai. ( this Sept) Wonderful, professional and fair price. We were traveling with another couple. He was waiting for us as we arrived in Budapest. He charged 24 euros for 4 of us! Much cheaper than a Taxi. We highly recommend him.

We did this transfer last night, super easy. Just go out the airport door to the well marked Fotaxi booth. Tell the lady where you want to go and a taxi immediately arrives with an English speaking driver. We were at the hilton on castle hill and traffic was crazy, so cost a little more, 7500 florets which is still only about $35 dollars and very reasonable for the distance travelled. They use a meter with set rate. You can pay with a credit card, but tell then ahead of time.

We paid in Euros.

fran

We concur with this recommendation. He sent his colleague to meet us in Budapest last month. Very reliable!!

His price has recently gone up to 28 Euro one way.