Snuba and Snorkel in St. Martin

lauriedun

Me and my family are going to st maarten and are planning to go for a snuba adventure tour also. Any recommendation please?

We found

http://www.bluebubblessxm.com

and

http://www.stmaartenexcursions.com/tours-general-info/excursions/snuba-snorkel-and-beach-adventure/

which offer cheaper prices than the cruise excursion. But they want to charge my credit card for a deposit. Not sure I want to give out my credit card until I heard a few positive feedbacks from you folks.

Thanks,

George

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We just came off Freedom of the Seas. This excursion - please do not do. The shirts on the crew said Blue Bubbles and we booked it with RCCL. First of all the boat is very small and they cram about 35 or 40 people on it. You smell fuel all the time and 4 people that I know of got cuts from the boat. 3 on the bottom of their toes and one a two inch cut on his stomach. The crew basically ignored us - the captain had trouble driving the boat - it kept getting stuck in one position. They didn't get the equipment out until we were moving because there was literally no room. They were not prepared for us at all. We sat like sardines waiting for them to hand out equipment - very boring. We were supposed to have three stops but they pulled into one and everyone did snuba there. There was nothing to see but one wreck and it looked like a recreational sub. No fish to speak of - very boring. They could only snuba 16 people at a time so the rest of the time you sat like sardines. When we finally left there he headed for the ship. I think they heard people complaining and pulled into a little cove by the tiki hut snorkel park and gave everyone 10 minutes in the water. Problem was - they had already packed up everyone's equipment. Then we went back to the dock by the ship and got off. Everyone was complaining and I did not see any tips in the jar. I filed a formal complaint with RCCL because I wanted them to know how horrible this was. For the record - I have never complained about an excursion before and we have done tons of them thru the years. Please do not waste your money. It cost us $89 pp and there were 4 of us - we paid to sit like sardines and be bored and also smell fuel for hours. You didn't even have room to put sunblock on - you had to sit still or the crew would literally step on you trying to get the equipment out. Worst excursion in the world and I am not a complainer. Please take a good warning. VERY UNSAFE!

DK

Archived