Disney Insurance

Vellamint

I am researching insurance and it seems overwhelming and I am wondering if it would just be worth it to buy airfare through Disney so they are responsible for getting us to the ship.

(I know I should travel the day before the cruise and always have but this next trip its impossible.)

An option for you might to consider may be independent travel insurance that also provides for delay of travel and trip interruption. www.insuremytrip.com offers many insurance packages, just compare several to see which package best suits your needs, and contact the prospective insurance company to make sure you understand the coverage.

Having cruised w/ Disney air and without, we have found it to be more economical to purchase airfare and insurance independently while having equal or better coverage.

Be careful of believing that with their insurance, they are 'responsible' for getting you to the ship.

They are not.

When purchasing air through the cruise line they are only an intermediary. They can provide additional assistance in terms of re-working travel arrangements, but there is no magical way for them to guarantee you getting on the ship if there is a problem with the airlines.

The best way to assure yourself of making the trip is flying in the day before. You already mention that isn't possible...so the next best thing is taking the EARLIEST flight of the day to give you as many options as possible for alternate flights if your original flight is canceled or there are delays.

Archived