What's in YOUR luggage?

AgileBoxer

Well, I leave this weekend and I am trying not to over pack but am NOT succeeding! I would usually cruise during the summer months which makes things easier because it is always hot in the Caribbean. Springtime brings on a whole new dilemma.

Those of you who cruise this time of year, what do you bring to wear during the day in the ship, in ports, on excursions, and in the evening on non formal nights? Ladies, I understand we are the ones who face this challenge whereas the guys have it easy! I tend to bring my whole closet (not really, but close) so I can have choices!!! Traveling to the Western Caribbean.

I absolutely HATE packing!!!

I do a lot of maxi dresses and then bring one jacket that kinda could match with each if it gets cold, for ports I do shorts and tees it's not usually cold but u can always buy something on the islands if it gets chilly

~Natasha

I am packing the very same things I normally pack for a November cruise. I can only assume that they weather will be warm enough for shorts, tshirts, bathings suits etc. So with the exception of the jeans I will leave Tennessee in, normal stuff!

Well, I leave this weekend and I am trying not to over pack but am NOT succeeding! I would usually cruise during the summer months which makes things easier because it is always hot in the Caribbean. Springtime brings on a whole new dilemma.

Those of you who cruise this time of year, what do you bring to wear during the day in the ship, in ports, on excursions, and in the evening on non formal nights? Ladies, I understand we are the ones who face this challenge whereas the guys have it easy! I tend to bring my whole closet (not really, but close) so I can have choices!!! Traveling to the Western Caribbean.

I absolutely HATE packing!!!

I cruise this time of year just about every year, and I don't bring anything different than when I cruise inthe summer. I wear winter clothes down there, or at least a sweat shirt and jeans and that is my fallback if I have a chilly night. But I never have. Enjoy!

One pair of shorts.

There's no room for anything else in the 2 suitcases after wifie packs her essentials. :D

Yes, my husband sympathizes with you. Was hoping to give him more room this year, but it's not looking so good.

Yes, my husband sympathizes with you. Was hoping to give him more room this year, but it's not looking so good.

I typically cruise in January out of NY. I bring 2 cardigan sweaters but that's it except for whatever winter clothes I wore at embarkation.

We flew out of Charlotte late last October and back into CLT in November! Both of us wore shorts knowing we were just a few hours out of Miami. The temp that morning at the Charlotte Airport was about 60 degrees. We got a parking spot right at the shuttle bus pickup (pure luck) and I shed my light jacket at the last moment. It was about 48 when we flew back in - everyone else at the airport was in heavy coats and we were in shorts and flip flops! It was a chilly wait for the shuttle bus but I still didn't regret not having jeans and a jacket, they would have just been dead weight once we got to Florida.

I'm having two extra people in my cabin this time and it has me rethinking packing. I'm very guilty of over-packing but with four people in a cabin this time and two of them not flying and free to over-pack, I'm thinking our space will be beyond cramped and for the first time I'm going to try and pack light. Still don't plan on taking long pants or a coat - one of these years I'm gonna land in Charlotte in shorts and snow will be on the ground! I'll be the girl chattering her teeth getting back to the car! But, I bet I'll still be smiling!

Since you are from Florida, I would plan on what you normally wear during your spring months. It's going to be mid 80 in the Caribbean so shorts, tanks, T's will work if you are comfortable with that. Maybe a light sweather for the dining room or lounges. It gets a little chilly at night on the lido deck. I personally get 2 days out of a pair of shorts and plan at least one top per day. No one is going to notice what you wore the day before.

We flew out of Charlotte late last October and back into CLT in November! Both of us wore shorts knowing we were just a few hours out of Miami. The temp that morning at the Charlotte Airport was about 60 degrees. We got a parking spot right at the shuttle bus pickup (pure luck) and I shed my light jacket at the last moment. It was about 48 when we flew back in - everyone else at the airport was in heavy coats and we were in shorts and flip flops! It was a chilly wait for the shuttle bus but I still didn't regret not having jeans and a jacket, they would have just been dead weight once we got to Florida.

We do the same thing. We dress for our destination.

Back in the first weekend of February we were flying from Boston to Miami for our nephew's wedding. It was a whopping 25 outside but I wore shorts and flip flops. I did wear my down coat for the hour drive to the airport. :D Once at the airport parking, I left the coat in the car and I did get some crazy looks on the shuttle. Someone asked if we were going somewhere warm and we told him.

We dress in summer clothes when we fly to our cruise ports, regardless of the temps here at home. We might shiver, but we know we have warmth and sunshine only a few hours away.

One pair of shorts.

There's no room for anything else in the 2 suitcases after wifie packs her essentials. :D

Hee Hee! Sounds familiar!:D

The DH always has room in his suitcase when he's done packing. When he's done packing, he takes his suitcase downstairs and leaves it in the entry way until I bring my suitcase done, then he takes them out to the garage and puts them into the trunk. This is done the night before we leave.

About midnight, I sneak out to the garage, open his suitcase and slip in a few of my things!:eek:

He's used to it though. Last time when he went to unpack in the cabin and opened his suitcase, a pair of my high heels was sitting on the top, without blinking an eye, he says, "Oh, these must be mine for formal night! Thanks hon." LOL!:D

Edited by mousey

I went on a cruise last February to the Caribbean. I packed for summer. That is exactly the weather we got, too. Mid 80s and sometimes warmer! The ship might be a bit cool while at sea at night, but nothing that a lightweight sweater didn't take care of.

A thought for you - go the weather channel online, and see what the weather is supposed to be like n the areas you are visiting.

• 3 weeks later...

I packed yesterday and cutting back I still fill up a 24 inch case and a carry on. I do have to pack some medical supplies that will be exhausted by the end of the trip, so the load will be lighter on the way home.

I have 4 pair of shorts, 5 tops, 2 short sundresses, one bathing suit, one cover up. Four pair of shoes (one on my feet), two pair os slacks for evening, 5 tops for evening and a couple evening sweaters.

Other than that, it's my toiletries, sunscreen, camera, Kindle, iPod and a few chargers. Paper, good grief, I wish I were the type who could manage taking all that stuff on a mobile phone! I do throw away paper as we go along, I don't keep anything that's not crucial to travel.

Well, in 3 hours I'm off for 10 days, "see" everyone after tax day :)

I packed yesterday and cutting back I still fill up a 24 inch case and a carry on. I do have to pack some medical supplies that will be exhausted by the end of the trip, so the load will be lighter on the way home.

I have 4 pair of shorts, 5 tops, 2 short sundresses, one bathing suit, one cover up. Four pair of shoes (one on my feet), two pair os slacks for evening, 5 tops for evening and a couple evening sweaters.

Other than that, it's my toiletries, sunscreen, camera, Kindle, iPod and a few chargers. Paper, good grief, I wish I were the type who could manage taking all that stuff on a mobile phone! I do throw away paper as we go along, I don't keep anything that's not crucial to travel.

Have fun! can't wait until I'm within hours. I see my other than clothing taking up more room than the clothing. So far, I'm packing 12-14 items plus shoes and 'the stuff'. I need to find smaller ways to manage my hair care potions....

Ohhhhh Kathy, BON VOYAGE:D...although now it is more than 3

hours so you are already gone......have a wonderful cruise!:)

• 2 weeks later...

I got home a couple days ago, the packing was fine. My 24" bag weighed in @ 38 lbs. on departure. Coming home, I packed in a couple bottles of wine we didn't drink, with the med supplies gone and the toiletry bottles empty, the bag weighed 39 lbs.

I had one sundress that didn't get worn at all. I wasn't feeling well and missed dinner a couple nights, so one of the evening tops only got worn once that I had planned on wearing twice. We did 2 loads of laundry at mid point on a sea day.

We really enjoyed the ship and the Caribbean, but I think we've decided that twice is enough for us, we'd really prefer to spend our $$ on seeing different parts of the world. We cruised Royal Princess and while it is a lovely ship, I think we prefer a smaller vessel. The public areas just seemed so crowded to us.

I did attend one formal night with the girls only, we had a blast and I couldn't tell you what other people wore, I just didn't care all that much. The second formal night, we ended up going to the Crab Shack for dinner...it was the best meal of the week.

Next up...we think Alaska in summer of 2015. It will be our second Alaska cruise and we're thinking of doing one way, plus a land tour.

I got home a couple days ago, the packing was fine. My 24" bag weighed in @ 38 lbs. on departure. Coming home, I packed in a couple bottles of wine we didn't drink, with the med supplies gone and the toiletry bottles empty, the bag weighed 39 lbs.

I had one sundress that didn't get worn at all. I wasn't feeling well and missed dinner a couple nights, so one of the evening tops only got worn once that I had planned on wearing twice. We did 2 loads of laundry at mid point on a sea day.

We really enjoyed the ship and the Caribbean, but I think we've decided that twice is enough for us, we'd really prefer to spend our $$ on seeing different parts of the world. We cruised Royal Princess and while it is a lovely ship, I think we prefer a smaller vessel. The public areas just seemed so crowded to us.

I did attend one formal night with the girls only, we had a blast and I couldn't tell you what other people wore, I just didn't care all that much. The second formal night, we ended up going to the Crab Shack for dinner...it was the best meal of the week.

Next up...we think Alaska in summer of 2015. It will be our second Alaska cruise and we're thinking of doing one way, plus a land tour.

Hi Kathy:) welcome home and glad you had a good cruise (sans not

feeling well).

I am thinking of next season too for Alaska....it would be fun to finally

see each other again;):D