Costa Maya Beach Massages ????

joybaby

Several yrs. ago massages were offered on the beach at Costa Maya. It was the just past the pier. It was quite primitive in a small tented area, however it was done on a prof. table. It was terrific. Does anyone know if they still offer this amenity?

Several yrs. ago massages were offered on the beach at Costa Maya. It was the just past the pier. It was quite primitive in a small tented area, however it was done on a prof. table. It was terrific. Does anyone know if they still offer this amenity?

I sure hope so. Was one of the highlights of our 2010 cruise! We actually got them at Mahahual, though. Not sure of ones closer to the port area.

Mahahual is the small village just south of the cruise port (not the new town next to the cruise port). It's just past the lighthouse you can see from the ship. a $5 RT taxi ride. All along the beach strip called the malecon, are beach clubs. Most have their own masseuses. I wouldn't be surprised if these folks move around from one club to another, but at one time, Pez Quadro had the better masseuses for beach massage, but El Faro had excellent masseuses upstairs, inside. It used to be $10-$20 for about 15-20 minutes. Could be more now.

And, given the popularity of beach massages, there could well be one or two at the cruise port. I wouldn't know because I spent as little time wandering around cruise port facilities as it takes me to get out of the cruise port.

We were just in Costa Maya and they did offer them on the beach at the Tropicante I am not sure of the price because we did not do them but they were there :) Taxi is $2.00 per person. Very nice place good food and nice chairs they will reserve them for you then you can book your massage or a bunch of other stuff

We were just in Costa Maya and they did offer them on the beach at the Tropicante I am not sure of the price because we did not do them but they were there :) Taxi is $2.00 per person. Very nice place good food and nice chairs they will reserve them for you then you can book your massage or a bunch of other stuff

We were there at the same time! It was a great place and there were massages...email Steve from the tropicante and ask him for info, he is a great host and will happily hold you some loungers and set everything up for you. There is no charge for the chairs and the service was great there!!

steveuhl@sandalsandskis.com He responds fairly quickly and is very helpful!

• 2 weeks later...